I went to the apple store today, just to see if i could pull the trigger on getting the new 3gs. I currently have he 3g and will be eligible in sept. wife isn't eligible till march 10'. I was kind of dissapointed thinking i could get 199 pricing, but i knew it was a long shot. But in the back of my head I keep telling myself wait till the next one, hopefully more good things come with it. I just had to express the dissapointment and rationalize my waiting for the 4th generation.
    07-16-09 05:58 PM
    Try your local AT&T store; people seem to have better luck with the early upgrade there. If you were supposed to be eligible in September, you were supposed to be given the early upgrade option. The 3GS is worth it. The 4th gen will be worth it as well =)
    07-16-09 06:08 PM
    Early upgrade option is $399. I'm assuming gbizzle is looking for $199 for the standard upgrade.
    07-16-09 06:56 PM
    I have att and I've done an early upgrade 3 times, curve, bold, and 3G... it was $15 each time. It's an early upgrade 'fee' not early upgrade phone price. Haven't seen a phone yet with a distinct early upgrade price.
    I'm pretty sure $399 is out of contract price.
    They even waived my 3G early upgrade.
    07-16-09 10:31 PM
    Out of contract price for the 32GB iPhone 3Gs is $699-

Out of contract price for 16GB iPhone 3Gs is $599-

Early upgrade price for the 32GB iPhone 3Gs is $499 I believe.

I was one of the unlucky ones that needed to pay the full amount.

But the world keeps going.

07-16-09 10:39 PM
    I have att and I've done an early upgrade 3 times, curve, bold, and 3G... it was $15 each time. It's an early upgrade 'fee' not early upgrade phone price. Haven't seen a phone yet with a distinct early upgrade price.
    I'm pretty sure $399 is out of contract price.
    They even waived my 3G early upgrade.
    You may have been lucky... but the iPhone has a distinct early upgrade price.

-- manager for the company
    07-17-09 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD