Trying to troubleshoot my mom's iphone 4. She's on the Bell network and can receive email on wifi but when she sends it it just sits in her outbox. Once she's out of wifi range or she turns off wifi the emails go out. Any idea on how to fix this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-11 05:49 PM
    What kind of email is she using? If she's using say- non web based email. As in-- not yahoo or hotmail or gmail etc. Whoever set up her account may have used her internet provider's inbound mail server and Bell Mobility's smtp server to send out. Then when ur at home and ur on say-- videotron,,,, it can't send out.
    I'm sorry if I'm confusing you. First things first-- what kinda email acc?

voltaire likes this.
    10-06-11 11:20 PM
    What kind of email is she using? If she's using say- non web based email. As in-- not yahoo or hotmail or gmail etc. Whoever set up her account may have used her internet provider's inbound mail server and Bell Mobility's smtp server to send out. Then when ur at home and ur on say-- videotron,,,, it can't send out.
    I'm sorry if I'm confusing you. First things first-- what kinda email acc?

pop3, she's using The Edge network out of Yellowknife, NWT Canada. They pretty much just sell the phones but she's down in Vancouver right now and I'd like to straighten this out.

Inccoming Mail Server
    Host Name: pop3.theedge.ca
    Username: [email protected]
    password:......

Outgoing Mail Server
    SMTP mail.1xbell.ca (primary)

other SMTP Servers
    smtp.theedge.ca off>

Thanks for your help.
    10-07-11 03:24 PM
    To use that email server, she would needto be attached to that ISP network. Otherwise the mail server sees it as relaying and will not allow it.
    10-07-11 04:37 PM
    so what would the outgoing address be, can you hazard a guess? They are most unhelpful there. I'm actually going to take her into Bell here in Van. Thing is, outgoing mail works when you're in Bell's store using their wifi, it's just at home and my place where it won't work.
    10-07-11 05:21 PM
    problem is-- the incoming mail server will work anywhere but the outbound one won't. this is what happens with those non web based email addresses and apple. one thing you can do is set up say-- a gmail account and use it's smtp server to send out (you CAN hide the fact that it's coming from gmail and make it appear as though it's coming from [email protected] ) I used to do that before we went on exchange. I can look up instructions if that interests you. Another thing u can use is smtp2go. Look it up-- smtp2go.com.... it's super cheap ( like less than $20/year I think) and it does EXACTLY what u need in this situation. look it up.

voltaire likes this.
    10-07-11 10:42 PM
    if you could get me the gmail instructions I would really appreciate it.
    10-09-11 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD