Let me start off by saying I absoluteley lobe the iPhone 3gs! However, please tell me I can receive calls while browsing the net? I've had a couple instant voicemail messages while browsing the web and my phone never rang. I am on E so i'm hoping that's the problem. I really don't want to go back to my storm! My 30 days ends approx the 23rd or so

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 04:26 PM
    Let me start off by saying I absoluteley lobe the iPhone 3gs! However, please tell me I can receive calls while browsing the net? I've had a couple instant voicemail messages while browsing the web and my phone never rang. I am on E so i'm hoping that's the problem. I really don't want to go back to my storm! My 30 days ends approx the 23rd or so

It's because you were on EDGE. 3G supports simultaneous voice and data. EDGE doesn't.
    09-09-09 04:32 PM

You couldn't do that AT ALL with a Storm as Verizon does not support simultaneous voice and data... With the 3GS you can if you're in a 3G coverage area. If you were showing Edge that is why you ran into that issue.
    09-09-09 05:19 PM
    Wow really? Maybe I just never got a call when I was surfing on my storm. I never ran into that in the time I had it. That's a relief it only happens on edge though. Thanks slot guys

09-09-09 05:37 PM
    Wow really? Maybe I just never got a call when I was surfing on my storm. I never ran into that in the time I had it. That's a relief it only happens on edge though. Thanks slot guys

Yea the Storm is not capable of this. If you are on a call, you can't receive emails, IM, or browse the web. Nothing data related. Once you get off the call, if you received any IMs or emails they will come in. If you are browsing the web, calls will be forwarded to your voicemail I'm pretty sure. You can however talk on the phone and send/receive texts.

That is how it works with EDGE also. But with 3G, you can talk on the phone, browse, IM, email, etc... Simultaneous voice and data is a nice thing to have.
    09-09-09 05:57 PM
    3G and WiFi is the only time when you can surf the net and talk on the phone.
    09-09-09 06:47 PM
    The OP complained about missed calls while surfing the web, not being able to receive emails while on the phone or surf while on the phone. I have an 8330 on Alltel, err Verizon now, and I never miss a call while surfing the web or streaming audio. The call simply interrupts whatever I'm doing, and I would hope AT&T is the same.

I can't stand GSM cellular, which limits me to Verizon, Sprint, or Metro PCS. Once the iPhone is available on a CDMA carrier, I will definitely consider it as I love my iPod touch. But I must say my BB 8330 is MUCH easier to type on.

09-10-09 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD