Love the new 3gs but im on tmoible, so i will have to pay full price.

i need help!!! i can get the 3g at bestbuy for 499, with no contract. im sure the 3gs will be around 699 or so.

is it really worth that money?
    07-01-09 12:11 PM
    Just search Ebay or Craigslist. I don't know how many 3GS's will be on Craigslist ... the ones that are will be severely overpriced since they are in such high demand. In your case I would probably go with a regular 3G and then maybe as the prices on the 3GS come down (i.e. people start selling them used) you can sell your 3G for a 3GS.

For instance, on Craigslist in my city:

3G 16gb : selling for about $375
    3GS 16 gb: selling for $700-$900 (!!!!)

You're better off spending $375 for a regular iPhone and once the 3GS's come down in price to closer to $500-600 then you can swap them out (even if the regular 3G iPhone depreciates by the time you want to swap it out, you'd still prob. be spending less money than you would if you look at today's price differences between the two).
    Last edited by mdude85; 07-01-09 at 12:19 PM.
    07-01-09 12:12 PM
    i have been...i want new though...im gonna have it for a while, so i want new..
    07-01-09 12:14 PM
    Just search Ebay or Craigslist. I don't know how many 3GS's will be on Craigslist ... the ones that are will be severely overpriced since they are in such high demand. In your case I would probably go with a regular 3G and then maybe as the prices on the 3GS come down (i.e. people start selling them used) you can sell your 3G for a 3GS.

For instance, on Craigslist in my city:

3G 16gb : selling for about $375
    3GS 16 gb: selling for $700-$900 (!!!!)

You're better off spending $375 for a regular iPhone and once the 3GS's come down in price to closer to $500-600 then you can swap them out (even if the regular 3G iPhone depreciates by the time you want to swap it out, you'd still prob. be spending less money than you would if you look at today's price differences between the two).
    Great info.

i just want a new one, and i know aside from the 3g network (which i dont get here) there are no hardware differences (am i correct on that?) but the 2gs on ebay are just as much...NEW mind you...
    07-01-09 12:25 PM
    Huh? No difference between a 3G and a 3GS? There are a lot of differences.

Also, I don't know anyone selling an iPhone 2G new. Apple discontinued them last year.
    07-01-09 01:47 PM
    Huh? No difference between a 3G and a 3GS? There are a lot of differences.

Also, I don't know anyone selling an iPhone 2G new. Apple discontinued them last year.
    no no, i mean there is little diffrence between the 2g and 3g....

im wating for a 3gs, i have decided...
    07-01-09 02:56 PM
    no no, i mean there is little diffrence between the 2g and 3g....

im wating for a 3gs, i have decided...
    Good decision.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 03:14 PM
    Good decision.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah, there are not enough differences between the 2g and 3g, i want that 3gs..ill wait, good things come to those who wait
    07-01-09 03:15 PM
    honestly, the speed, new features, and improved battery life alone, makes it WORTH the price difference IMO

i had the 3G only for a month because it would never make it through the day without needing a charge.

the 3G S i've had since launch day and the battery has been great for me. never have to worry about looking to charge.

here is my typical day...

some calls, some texting, some emails, 2 hrs of ipod usage, some tiger woods golf on the train home, watching live baseball for an hour, maybe an hour of web browsing.

after all of this, i still have 40% battery by 11pm. i take it off the charger early in the morning, so i'm VERY impressed.

so if you can find a deal, go for it! DEFINITELY WORTH IT
    07-01-09 03:18 PM
    honestly, the speed, new features, and improved battery life alone, makes it WORTH the price difference IMO

i had the 3G only for a month because it would never make it through the day without needing a charge.

the 3G S i've had since launch day and the battery has been great for me. never have to worry about looking to charge.

here is my typical day...

some calls, some texting, some emails, 2 hrs of ipod usage, some tiger woods golf on the train home, watching live baseball for an hour, maybe an hour of web browsing.

after all of this, i still have 40% battery by 11pm. i take it off the charger early in the morning, so i'm VERY impressed.

so if you can find a deal, go for it! DEFINITELY WORTH IT
    they ONLY bad thing about me getting the 3gs, is that it has not been able to be jail broken or unlocked yet, im on tmobile, so i will have to do that...

i can wait for a few anyway....
    07-01-09 03:20 PM
    they ONLY bad thing about me getting the 3gs, is that it has not been able to be jail broken or unlocked yet, im on tmobile, so i will have to do that...

i can wait for a few anyway....
    it will come, dont worry

i make themes and i honestly have been able to live without JBing right now

the speed is so great and it makes it a treat to use this phone. happy to be carrying just one device for my everyday needs
    07-01-09 03:28 PM
    it will come, dont worry

i make themes and i honestly have been able to live without JBing right now

the speed is so great and it makes it a treat to use this phone. happy to be carrying just one device for my everyday needs
    but i have to jailbreak in order to use on tmobile
    07-01-09 03:33 PM
    but i have to jailbreak in order to use on tmobile
    Yea, but like you said, good things come to those who wait. And trust me, the 3GS is a very good thing.
    07-01-09 04:34 PM
    yeah, and im going to have to wait, who knows when the jailbreak will come..if ever
    07-01-09 07:52 PM
    You're on T-Mobile, so as of right now, only the 3G can be unlocked to work with that carrier.. The 3GS can't be unlocked *yet*
    07-01-09 10:47 PM
    Do yourself a favor and get the iPhone 3G S! The processor alone is enough reason to spend the extra $100. Not to mention the graphics have been improved for better gaming and video. I switched from the Storm to the 16 GB iPhone 3G S and couldn't be happier. Good luck and I'm sure u will enjoy.
    07-02-09 10:08 AM
    so my friend got a 3G and upgraded it so it now shoots videos and stuff....dunno if they eva did but i though that were some of the updates to 3GS
    07-02-09 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD