i am considering jailbreaking my iphone 3gs... what are some of the top jailbreak apps? like bluffmycall and google voice? i was just wondering if there are anymore that are good reasons for jailbreaking?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 09:25 AM
    There are too many to name. Just look in the app store and whatever u like there, u can find it for free once u jailbreak ur iPhone.

11-04-09 11:23 AM
    GV Mobile is great if you have google voice. Winterboard of course. Theres an app called imageshack that uploads pictures there for you. qtweeter is cool, all you have to do is slide your finger from the top of the screen down and it pulls up a twitter and facebook updater. Glaskart is a cool theme. Theres tons more.
    11-04-09 02:55 PM
    There are too many to name. Just look in the app store and whatever u like there, u can find it for free once u jailbreak ur iPhone.

So you are saying that any app in the AppStore is free after you jailbreak. How does this work? How does the creaters of these apps make any money if people jailbreak there phones and get these apps for free?

11-05-09 11:53 PM
    Backgrounder for sure! Allows multitasking. i.e. playing pandora in background while sending texts, browsing web etc. Must have winterboard as well! I also use an app called categories, which allows you to put apps in folders. (clean up your pages)
    11-06-09 12:35 AM
    sounds like it will kill your battery...? does it?
    11-06-09 07:10 AM
    Well I guess nobody wants to answer my question, oh well.

11-06-09 12:49 PM
    So you are saying that any app in the AppStore is free after you jailbreak. How does this work? How does the creaters of these apps make any money if people jailbreak there phones and get these apps for free?

Hey, no. You still can use the regular app store as you normally would. However, there are programs such as Cydia and Rock that allows you to download man free applications and kits. Most are free, and some are paid.

Backgrounding - yes, this is a rather large battery drainer. But it's not a huge issue to myself. As far as the jailbreaking it self, and running winterboard and themes; I have not noticed a huge or significant battery loss! I'd imagine, on a 3G iPhone battery drain will be more. It's all worth it too me!!

11-06-09 01:13 PM
    Check out this thread from the iphone blog

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...oken-apps.html
    11-06-09 02:35 PM
    cycorder from cydia
    11-06-09 03:12 PM
    Winterboard, Flashlight, MxTube, Rename. Those are the only Cydia apps I have, the rest are mobilesubstrates/mods/addons.

Quickreply for SMS, Lockinfo, SBSettings, Poof! are all great.

I have the Matte Nano UI, theme, calculator theme, lockinfo theme, and SBsettings theme too.
    11-06-09 03:24 PM
    top apps from cydia for me: SBSettings, GV Mobile, BiteSMS
    11-06-09 06:01 PM
    IntelliScreen for awesome notifications and a today screen (on the lock screen).

Categories... I have folders for games, utilities and other stuff.
    11-06-09 09:15 PM
    cycorder from cydia
    He won't need that app with the 3Gs, but definitely a good app with the 3G and 2G.
    11-06-09 09:16 PM
    IntelliScreen for awesome notifications and a today screen (on the lock screen).

Categories... I have folders for games, utilities and other stuff.
    If you like Intelliscreen you should check this out: LockInfo
    11-07-09 12:09 AM
    thanks all!
    11-08-09 08:03 AM
    Jailbreaking is the best invention since chocolate
    11-08-09 03:09 PM
    lol yeah chocolate is pretty good!
    11-08-09 06:13 PM
    I just jailbroke and go cydia...is Rock any different/better/worse?
    or is a preference thing?
    11-08-09 07:17 PM
    I just jailbroke and go cydia...is Rock any different/better/worse?
    or is a preference thing?
    I prefer Cydia as it's the most stable and oldest (although it's slower, and some people say it crashes for them, I never had a problem with it).

It has just about everything the rock store has and more, as it's been around much longer.
    11-08-09 07:18 PM
    I uninstalled winterboard & backgrounder, as it slowed down my 2g iphone too much.
    11-08-09 08:55 PM
    I've been using Rock and I like it a lot. Has been very stable for me. It also is a lot faster than Cydia. Cydia is still very good though.

11-09-09 12:01 AM
    FWIW in no particular order:
    Winterboard
    Categories
    Call Me
    Flashlight (The Jailbroken One)
    Installous
    Backgrounder (Multi tasking)
    Boss Prefs
    SBSettings
    APTBackup
    xGPS
    Action Menu
    Attachment Saver
    Five row
    Five Column
    Five Icon Dock

Here are some repos for all of you:
    sinfuliphonerepo.com
    11-09-09 09:18 AM
    The ones I use most (they aren't all apps) are Backgrounder, Categories SB, qTweeter, GV Mobile
    11-12-09 12:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD