This would be awesome. I guess this will probably be on the next iPhone, next year.

Potential iPhone usability and interface improvements

Apple Patents �Today Screen� for iPhone
    09-20-08 02:22 PM
    Pfft. I don't even like Today themes.

That is pretty cool, though, have to admit!
    09-20-08 02:24 PM
    This isn't like the traditional one though.

It will hopefully integrate with 3rd party software as well and will the GUI will change from one or multiple hand gestures. Current today screen's do not show how many messages from IM apps you have, correct me if I'm wrong.
    09-20-08 02:28 PM
    Here is a quote that was found from a user in The iPhone Blog.

“The user interface has a plurality of application icons. In response to a first gesture, the GUI changes the appearances of the application icons whose corresponding applications have user-adjustable settings,” the filing explains. “In response to a second gesture on a selected application icon whose appearance is changed, the GUI displays user-adjustable settings of an application that corresponds to the selected application icon. In response to one or more additional gestures, the GUI changes one or more user-adjustable settings of the application that corresponds to the selected application icon.”
    09-20-08 02:30 PM
    I'm not sure about the IM messages. However, a Today theme with the ability to not only add third party apps to the homescreen, but just to be able to change the display PERIOD would be wonderful!
    09-20-08 02:31 PM
    this is intelliscreen
    09-20-08 07:39 PM
    I'm sitting here cracking up at the people who want to jailbreak, but are too scared to. Guess what? I'm one of them...

But, I do want to unlock my 3G, and use it on T-Mobile...
    09-20-08 09:14 PM
    I'm sitting here cracking up at the people who want to jailbreak, but are too scared to. Guess what? I'm one of them...

But, I do want to unlock my 3G, and use it on T-Mobile...

From the looks of it, it may never happen.

If it is, it's taking a long time.
    09-20-08 09:23 PM
    I hear you. I've found a few people, or should I say, 'services' that will do it - for a fee!

But, I think I'm better off porting my number to AT&T, from T-Mobile...
    09-20-08 10:13 PM
    It's a hardware unlock and it's very unstable.

I just finished jailbreaking/unlocking a friend's 2g iPhone. It is so easy, it's not even funny. If you have a 2g, use QuickPwn.

We haz Windows Quickpwn 2.1!!! - Apple Forums | ModMyi.com | iPhone, iPod, Mac, OS X, Mods, More

QuickPwn can jailbreak 3g, but not unlock yet.
    09-20-08 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD