I was doing the same for the past 2 months. Well I get my bill today and instead of it being the normal 160, it was 867. Why? Not having the appropriate iphone data plan....even though both data plans are the same price. After some haggling, the CSR deleted that charges. I have to figure out what I want to do with the iphone now. I cant get a data only plan for it nor can I just add another data plan on to my account either. ATT, needs to just make it so that there is one data plan for all. There should be no reason why I can swap back and forth. Its two phones that work on their service that access the same value data plans, just labled differently
    02-27-09 10:54 PM
    Wow! Luckily you got the CSR to delete the extra charges. That's enough to make you when you open a bill like that!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 11:07 PM
    Wow.. looks like I will have to go into my AT&T store tomorrow and switch my data plan over from the Bold to the iPhone..

I was told from a reliable source I was fine and couldn't get charged but it looks like it is possible..

Guess its time to say goodbye to the Bold.
    02-28-09 12:03 AM
    Well I switched my plan from the Bold to the iPhone data plan today..

Stinks but I just couldn't take the risk of getting a bill like that and not being able to get out of it - AND I definitely feel the iPhone is the better phone for me so thats why I didn't just keep the Bold plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jhamilton3; 02-28-09 at 04:18 PM.
    02-28-09 03:50 PM
    May I suggest selling the iPhone and buying an iPod touch. That way you get the best of the Blackberry world and the best of the Apple world without having to hassle around with switching devices.
    02-28-09 11:14 PM
    The iPhone is better suited for me.. does so much more in my opinion.

I don't want to carry around my Bold and an iTouch.. with the iPhone I have everything on one device.
    02-28-09 11:17 PM
    I've never had this issue. Though I switch devices frequently. This may have happened if the OP simply kept the BB plan in place and never swapped devices at all. Or AT&T is cracking down now. Either way, this is the first I've heard of this happening.
    03-01-09 12:55 PM
    its att cracking down, i had the bb plan in place, never once changing it when i bought the bold. ITs been 3 months of switching back and forth. i kept ignoring the texts from att. I was told by the Business use CSR that sooner or later they will catch up. Not saying we are screwing the system but of course ATT is gonna milk us into believing the "Data" plans are different.
    03-01-09 02:19 PM
    I think it most likely is a matter of time before they catch up..

There probably is someone getting hit for it every week, we just don't hear about it.
    03-01-09 04:06 PM
    is there any way they will allow use of both phones on one number? As far as im concerned, ive been a good enough customer for over 2 years now. Not one late bill, no overages etc.. i would hope they would do the best they can to accomodate me.

does anyone know for sure?
    03-02-09 04:25 AM
    is there any way they will allow use of both phones on one number? As far as im concerned, ive been a good enough customer for over 2 years now. Not one late bill, no overages etc.. i would hope they would do the best they can to accomodate me.

does anyone know for sure?
    Pretty sure that can't happen..
    03-02-09 02:26 PM
    I was doing the same for the past 2 months. Well I get my bill today and instead of it being the normal 160, it was 867. Why? Not having the appropriate iphone data plan....even though both data plans are the same price. After some haggling, the CSR deleted that charges. I have to figure out what I want to do with the iphone now. I cant get a data only plan for it nor can I just add another data plan on to my account either. ATT, needs to just make it so that there is one data plan for all. There should be no reason why I can swap back and forth. Its two phones that work on their service that access the same value data plans, just labled differently
    is the iphone that you use unlocked ?
    03-02-09 03:26 PM
    Still hasn't happened to me, so I will continue to use both.
    03-02-09 05:28 PM
    Pretty sure that can't happen..
    even if unlocking the bold? If i unlock the phone then it should work fine correct? or is the phone unlock itself irrelevant due to the imei link to the acct..
    03-02-09 05:29 PM
    Unlocking the bold has nothing to do with it. When you placed your sim card into your IPhone, the system automatically recognizes it as an iphone, and loaded up the necessary changes so that it will work correctly, this after it has recognized that the iphone has been registered to you, and that you previously had the iphone plan. As far as I know, all this isn't passed into the billing system, but it looks like they changed all of that because although both plans may cost the same, there's the legal issue between at&t and RIM, and at&t and apple. Which is why only those 2 devices have a dedicated plan, and all the other smartphones do not.

I'm sure Duvi and the other guys can clear this all up;.
    03-02-09 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD