Can you give me some input on switching from the iPhone 3G to a blackberry? Will I like it, whats the difference?
    03-13-10 11:53 AM
    Sure you'll like it if you want to like it, or it better suits your needs. What Blackberry do you want to switch to, and why do you want to swtich so we can help you out.
    03-13-10 12:49 PM
    Honestly I just switched from bb to an iPhone. The comparison is compleatly differnt.
    I had the bb storm, it was a great phone for bein able to contact and do things with work. It's email features are the best, you can have multiple emails which will all push for emails when eve you get it. So your emails always get to you though it's not always on time more like 10 - 20 min.

BB has a great messaging program called blackberry messanger. The scaning barcode feature is pretty sweet. It makes adding your friends that much faster.
    As for the BB it's self the phone... Well blackberry has some catching up and some debugging to be doing which is really why I switched to iPhone. I was fed up with lag, slow Internet, and having to pull my friggen battery 3 times a day.

If you are the app person bb is not the way to go and you should stick with your iPhone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-10 12:55 PM
    I think the iPhone is the better option. The Apple platform is far more polished than BB. If you are bored and looking for something new, the Android platform is really coming on strong.
    03-13-10 01:11 PM
    If you text and IM a lot you will find BB very easy and fast to use. If you use your phone for a phone you will be happier with a BB. I never liked talking on an Iphone for some reason.

If you like to download and play games on your phone you will not like the BB.

If you like to download a lot of music and you use your phone as an ipod the Iphone does that a lot better than the BB. You can download and listen to music on the BB it just isn't as easy to do. The Itunes store makes it real easy. BB does not have that.

You might have to upgrade and finetune the OS on the BB you get to make it run better. If you don't like to tinker with stuff like that you might not like the BB.

The IPhone folks like to brag that they can download 100,000 free apps. There are a lot of free apps for the BB. There are a lot of good premium apps for the BB. BB does not have an app store with 100,000 free apps. The premium apps for BB tend to be more expensive, in the $5 to $10 range, than the Iphone.

Let us know what BB you end up getting.
    03-13-10 01:41 PM
    It depends on what your usage is. I moved away from BB because the platform is stale and RIM is really gimping it's GSM devices.

Media the iPhone destroys the BB.
    Apps the iPhone destroys the BB.
    Web the iPhone destroys the BB.

If you only use your device for very light media (music and movies you upload yourself) then a BB is great. BB is great for messaging, BBM is pointless IMHO it's just another form of IM. Notifications blow the iPhone away, I do find that I often miss facebook notifications on my iPhone while I never had that issue with my BB.

Regardless, I'd highly suggest not using an upgrade or signing a contract for a current BB. Buy one used or wait till the end of the year when the new models come out, or you could find yourself highly pissed off
    03-13-10 02:32 PM
    It really depends if you like your phone for entertainment (iPhone) or messaging and emails (BB).
    I'm using the BB Bold 9700 but I have friends who are using the 3Gs and each phone have their pros and cons.
    at the same time, it also depends if you're a heavy user, cause BB apparently have a much better battery life.
    the reasons why I chose BB over iPhone was because i prefer physical qwerty keys together with a longer battery life.

it really boils down to what features are important to you.
    03-13-10 02:51 PM
    I would suggest that you wait until later in the year. There is a new iPhone coming out in summer and possibly new BBerries coming around the end of the year that may have improved web services.
    If your decision can wait, I'd suggest that.
    Otherwise, if your needs are media intensive, the Blackerry will not suit you.
    03-13-10 03:23 PM
    I would suggest that you wait until later in the year. There is a new iPhone coming out in summer and possibly new BBerries coming around the end of the year that may have improved web services.
    If your decision can wait, I'd suggest that.
    Otherwise, if your needs are media intensive, the Blackerry will not suit you.
    I think it's just assumed a new iPhone will be released this summer. This assumption is based on previous releases. That being said, I sure hope they do release a 4G device. It's a must in my opinion.

As for new BB releases, the rumored Storm 3 is possible. For this device to be successful, they need to abandon the click screen & replace it with a touch screen. It will also need a completely new o/s, not the hacked o/s they now use.

I feel this is the only BB to even consider. That consideration should be very minute at this point in time.
    03-13-10 03:47 PM
    I would just like to add this: the biggest difference between the Iphone and the BB and other smartphones. The Iphone has the largest internal memory so the apps are better. Developers have more internal memory to play with. If you have a storm or storm2 you are dealing with 1 or 2 gig of internal memory. This fills quickly with several apps and your phone slows down or memory leaks.

Now the first phone that will run apps off the external memory card or increases the internal memory to a decent amount will be the first big challenge to the Iphone. If the Iphone goes to verizon it's popularity will outdistance all BB devices cause AT&T sucks.
    03-13-10 09:59 PM
    Well yeah, it's assumed that it will be released in the summer, but for the past 3 years it's always been the same. Apple aren't going to change up the way they do things.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-10 10:16 PM
    Multimedia phone vs. Business phone. You decide.
    03-13-10 11:09 PM
    I recently switched from an iPhone to a BB. I don't love my BB so much more. It has some upsides to the iPhone and some downsides. The much better signal strength is a huge upside. More customization in regards to ring profiles. I can use my BB when I'm wearing gloves, lol. The only two downsides really are the lack of apps in the BB App World as compared to iTunes and the fact that I don't have an iPod within my BB - though the BlackBerry music player that came on the device does allow me to sync with my iTunes.
    03-15-10 02:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD