Ok, for all those that say iPhone 4 battery isnt all that great take a look at the screen shot. Unplugged at 8am EST yesterday after a night on charge. This is a Jailbroken Phone. Who says a fast processor and high res screen kills the battery. About 60% of the usage is on Edge with Wifi on when I am at work or at home. 3G is roughly 30-40%. I have 1.5 hrs talktime basically as I had about 30 min the other day just after re jailbreaking. I do tons of browsing and naviagting thru Cydia as well as music, tons of texts and about 30 emails a day. I couldnt even get this close with my Torch. I mean having 8 hrs usage and 30 hrs of it being on without being shutoff and still having 11% is pretty damn good for a high res display and fast cpu. Extremely Impressed.
    10-29-10 02:36 PM
    Ditto! Couldn't have said it better!
    10-29-10 02:38 PM
    mine kicks a$$ too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-10 02:42 PM
    exactly mine is usually unplugged at 7am and is usually at around 60% when i go to bed at 11pm i charge it anyways because i dont have a 2nd charger at the office yet but i can easily get 1 and half days off a charge and i dont even ever turn 3g or wifi off so i could get even more if i did some of those battery saving tips
    10-29-10 03:13 PM
    Had been off the charger since about 6AM...
    10-29-10 03:31 PM
    About 38 mb of data is really not heavy at all, to me anyway.

Out of curiosity, not to bash. About an hour of youtube what's the batt drain on it, my tour is generally 10-15 percent depending how long the vids I watch are. And remember, just asking not bashing, and be honest here.

10-29-10 03:50 PM
    Thats all I've used on the actual network. I only used about 300MBs a month of cellular data. I am on WIFI at home and work, none of that data transfer is counted.... Honestly about 15% drain with an hour of YouTube video, Apple made vast improvements with the battery in the iPhone 4.
    10-29-10 04:07 PM
    while it doesn't quite have the battery life of a Blackberry 9700, it's close. I can use mine for 9 hrs at work, with medium to heavy data consumption and still have some left at the end of the day
    10-29-10 06:22 PM
    while it doesn't quite have the battery life of a Blackberry 9700, it's close. I can use mine for 9 hrs at work, with medium to heavy data consumption and still have some left at the end of the day
    Agreed! Would not compare it to the 9700 at all, plus you have to remember BB's sip on data compared to iPhones. However the battery life from the 3GS to the 4 is worth writing home about!

10-29-10 06:26 PM
    Yea, tour has no wifi to compare, but my daughters 8530 does and not bad at all while its on. The speed is there too.

I just here a lot of complaints about the ip4 batt, but those that complain are probably the gamers out there. Playing games on mine I know is a killer on my batt. I'm pretty sure the tour and bold batts are the same, dx-1.

Imo, I'd still stick with the bb I got...its taken a lot of abuse it should just be a brick lol. Trackballs rule, its like playing with a nipple lol...sexy!!!

10-29-10 06:38 PM
    ^^ lol nice.
    10-29-10 07:54 PM
    Yea, tour has no wifi to compare, but my daughters 8530 does and not bad at all while its on. The speed is there too.

I just here a lot of complaints about the ip4 batt, but those that complain are probably the gamers out there. Playing games on mine I know is a killer on my batt. I'm pretty sure the tour and bold batts are the same, dx-1.

Imo, I'd still stick with the bb I got...its taken a lot of abuse it should just be a brick lol. Trackballs rule, its like playing with a nipple lol...sexy!!!

The Tour and Bold 9700 batteries are not the same. The Tour and Bold 9650 maybe. I had the DX-1 in my Storm and it sucked. My mothers 8530 is the exact opposite of your daughters, it absolutely sucks on wifi.
    10-30-10 06:02 AM
    Update your moms os, bb fixes on os updates, not patches. Plus said wasn't bad...didn't say it was the greatest lol.

As for the dx1 batt, yes the tour, 9650, and storms carry that battery, said I was "pretty sure" and not confirmed on 9700. Haven't owned it or did research. It sucks in the storm because "surepress and touchscreen", kills it right there imo lol.

And the ip4 isn't bad at all, not knocking the os or form, just misconceptions about the batt.

10-30-10 08:02 AM
    Update your moms os, bb fixes on os updates, not patches. Plus said wasn't bad...didn't say it was the greatest lol.

As for the dx1 batt, yes the tour, 9650, and storms carry that battery, said I was "pretty sure" and not confirmed on 9700. Haven't owned it or did research. It sucks in the storm because "surepress and touchscreen", kills it right there imo lol.

And the ip4 isn't bad at all, not knocking the os or form, just misconceptions about the batt.

Got ya, I think phones are personal preference anyway. I will certainly never knock anyone for owning a BB. Just look at my sig, I've had my fair share and loved them all in their own respects. I just wanted to try the iPhone platform, would certainly go back to BB. I have just updated her phone to the latest software release from VZW. She hasn't used WIFI since the update, to be honest she is technically challenged so the simpler the better for her, she has no real use for it anyway.
    10-30-10 08:22 AM

Bold 9700 uses M-S1 battery vs. D-X1.

10-30-10 09:24 AM
    I have heard a lot about the iPhone battery improvements. That's awesome. For such a powerful multimedia device, that type of battery life is remarkable.

11-01-10 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD