@Duvi you make some really great points. I feel much the same way as you about ATT, they are the best network that I have ever used and I have been on them all from VZW to Sprint, TMO, ect ect. What's really funny is that anyone can pull up a coverage map on the web and see if they are going to get good 3G coverage from ATT. I know that here in Vegas ATT is the number one network for fast 3G service.
    01-08-10 06:16 PM
    Ok I'm soRry they are just carriers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 10:07 AM
    I do agree it is about what carrier you can live with, but I doubt anyone who purchased and Iphone with ATT also signed up for crappy service. If ATT can't expand the network fast enough, why do they continue to sell Iphones?

Have you once heard a commercial of ATT's saying that you can buy and Iphone but expect crappy service from it? Not at all. They company continues to take the money and if it isn't their fault or not, very little is getting done to fix the problem and it is only getting worse with the growing amount of Iphones out there.

Blame it on the Iphone or not, but Verizon doesn't have these issues.

Why does everyone assume AT&T isn't doing anything? Phone usage, especially iPhone usage is growing faster than AT&T can get licenses to build towers or get permission to upgrade some.

Yes Verizon would have crumbled harder than AT&T did as it does not have as much capacity as AT&T. Apple wanted to do an exclusivity, the best network was AT&T. IMO, I think Apple should have maybe split it between the two.

It was more AT&T than any carrier, but it's because AT&T has the largest number of business and/or smartphone subscribers. Not to mention, everyone is still sending/receiving data while being on the phone (another thing that CDMA carriers do not have).

Not defending anyone because I could care less about what sides people take (as AT&T works better than all the carriers for me), but the reason some do get offended may be because of the way people make it seem like AT&T is below crap. The OP started saying some funny stuff about "Luke", for what reason? To belittle AT&T. All carriers have their strengths and weaknesses, it's about which ones you can live with.
    01-10-10 12:40 PM
    I do agree it is about what carrier you can live with, but I doubt anyone who purchased and Iphone with ATT also signed up for crappy service. If ATT can't expand the network fast enough, why do they continue to sell Iphones?

Have you once heard a commercial of ATT's saying that you can buy and Iphone but expect crappy service from it? Not at all. They company continues to take the money and if it isn't their fault or not, very little is getting done to fix the problem and it is only getting worse with the growing amount of Iphones out there.

Blame it on the Iphone or not, but Verizon doesn't have these issues.
    I think that you are missing the point, ATT is not crappy all over the country. Many of the problems are due to the fact that the iPhone is the best selling smartphone ever and neither ATT or apple could have predicted the adoption rate of the iPhone. Again it goes back to doing your homework to see if ATT is going to be in the area you live in. Like I said before in Vegas there are no issues with ATT at all.
    01-10-10 03:18 PM
    exactly it works fine for lots of people in lots of cities. 2 problem cities (one with more people than 10 times the normal city) isnt a gauge of an all-around network problem.
    01-10-10 03:24 PM
    Yes Verizon would have crumbled harder than AT&T did as it does not have as much capacity as AT&T. Apple wanted to do an exclusivity, the best network was AT&T. IMO, I think Apple should have maybe split it between the two.
    Id love to see your source on that claim and some facts to back it up. Ive seen an article where it stated that Verizon would suffer similar network degradation but not worse than ATT. Its been stated in articles that Verizon actually has the backhaul capability (and has had it) to support the extra traffic whereas ATT didnt have the backhaul to meet the extra demand and waited way too long to start adding it.
    01-10-10 03:36 PM
    You must be the lucky one. It seems if you google issues in las vegas you come up with a lot of iphone issues. Here is one of them.

AT&T iPhone MMS crippled by latency issues | PMP Today

I think that you are missing the point, ATT is not crappy all over the country. Many of the problems are due to the fact that the iPhone is the best selling smartphone ever and neither ATT or apple could have predicted the adoption rate of the iPhone. Again it goes back to doing your homework to see if ATT is going to be in the area you live in. Like I said before in Vegas there are no issues with ATT at all.
    01-10-10 04:02 PM
    You must be the lucky one. It seems if you google issues in las vegas you come up with a lot of iphone issues. Here is one of them.

AT&T iPhone MMS crippled by latency issues*|*PMP Today
    Well I know at least 20 people that live here as and have the iPhone and ATT and have no issues at all. And since I live here I think I know what I am talking about. Oh and that article was from Sept right after MMS first went live. You would expect some issues when everyone and their dog was testing out the new feature. And furthermore that article does not even mention Vegas. Not trying to flame you or anything just wanted you to know that you have used a poor example. And really I don't much care how other people feel about att, I hope they leave for VZW so my 3G will be even faster. LOL
    Last edited by crackvegas78; 01-10-10 at 04:10 PM.
    01-10-10 04:06 PM
    Wow this topic is getting beaten to death. Once again, I had problems with my Verizon phone on New Years.

Yes blame it on the iPhone, because that's what it is. It is not AT&Ts network. AT&T has the most iPhone users in the world. I don't care if Verizon says they can handle the phone or not. They can't prove it yet, and until they do their statements are worthless.

And they should be able to handle it a little better. Not having data on while on the phone helps a lot.

Yes AT&T should be doing more to improve their network, because no one really cares what the cause is, they see it as AT&Ts fault. But it is hard to improve very fast because of the process you need to go through to get things in place.
    01-10-10 05:21 PM
    Yawn. I was already asleep by midnight.
    01-10-10 07:30 PM
    Look, I did not mean for this to get as big as it did. All I wanted to do was explain what happened to me. Then a couple people tried to flame me because of it calling me an ATT hater an so on. Thats when I kept it going with my other poor ATT experiences and Luke Wilson. Excuse me for coming on here with my fellow crackberrians and expressing an incident that happened to me. I thought it was an open forum. All I said about Verizon was that I had them for 7 years and never had a problem...Oh, and Apple did first approach VZW with the iPhone but they could not agree on things so they settled for ATT. Its a known fact.
    01-10-10 08:45 PM
    I'm still laughing over this. Good one!!!!

And really I don't much care how other people feel about att, I hope they leave for VZW so my 3G will be even faster. LOL
    01-12-10 07:48 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD