I not an iphone guy but I think this sucks hope the link is right but no more jailbreaking
    iClarified - Apple News - Apple Blocks Jailbreak in New iPhone 3GS Units!
    10-16-09 09:42 AM
    lol I guess this solves my indecisiveness whether to jailbreak my new iPhone or not.

I still may try it on my iTouch 2G
    10-16-09 11:26 AM
    I never have jailbroke before. Never had the urge. Been satisfied the way it is out of the box.
    10-16-09 11:35 AM
    It will be jailbroken just give the dev team time. When there's a will there's a way.
    10-16-09 11:55 AM
    10-16-09 12:09 PM
    It will be jailbroken just give the dev team time. When there's a will there's a way.
    I know give it time; but come on what business is it of theirs if u hack it.
    I know money money money........ oy vey
    10-16-09 12:21 PM
    They should be jailbroken from the factory...
    10-16-09 12:23 PM
    Its just something new that the dev team can toy around with, that's all!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-09 02:13 PM
    Its just something new that the dev team can toy around with, that's all!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Exactly. It took a while for 3GS units on 3.1 to be jailbroken. Same thing here.

I really don't think Apple has a problem with actual jailbreaking as they do with
    people who use the jailbreak and have the means to get paid apps from the
    app store for free. That's what's causing these things.
    10-16-09 03:40 PM
    Yeh Im sure someone will figure out but its a big inconvenience. My speaker has been busted (very low volume) for a while and I was waiting for a new firmware jailbreak before replacing it, but now I cant because it might be the new bootrom and unjailbreakable right now. I need my jailbreak personally for the things I do on the phone so I guess swapping it right now isnt doable. Luckily the speaker isnt a huge huge deal since I never use speakerphone and I can wait on it, still have 8 months off Apple Care left.

Right now they say its only a "tethered" jailbreak meaning ANY time you have to reboot the phone you have to be connected to a computer to reboot the device. Definitely not optimal for most people on the go- if you have a crash or something funky and need to reboot (or even your battery dies) you wont have a phone until you get to a computer. Hopefully they work around that
    10-16-09 03:57 PM
    Exactly. It took a while for 3GS units on 3.1 to be jailbroken. Same thing here.

I really don't think Apple has a problem with actual jailbreaking as they do with
    people who use the jailbreak and have the means to get paid apps from the
    app store for free. That's what's causing these things.
    I got a question. Why has nobody shut down Installous? I know if one of my
    apps that I made was being offered and cracked for free, I be pissed off.
    (I got pissed off when my free blackberry themes got leached).
    The only reason why mine is jailbroken is to be able to install my own themes
    and mods. I do believe that iPhones no matter what OS, someone will figure
    out a way to unlock and jailbreak...
    10-16-09 04:24 PM
    I got a question. Why has nobody shut down Installous? I know if one of my
    apps that I made was being offered and cracked for free, I be pissed off.
    (I got pissed off when my free blackberry themes got leached).
    The only reason why mine is jailbroken is to be able to install my own themes
    and mods. I do believe that iPhones no matter what OS, someone will figure
    out a way to unlock and jailbreak...
    It's a great question and I'd be pissed too. I really can't figure out why.

Mine is jailbroken simply for the basics. Backrounding, having a notification
    for each type of message or alert on my taskbar, and being able to hide icons
    on the homescreen. And shortcuts to turning things on and off.
    10-16-09 04:26 PM
    Well I think they should just prevent installing .ipa's through itunes and that will solve half the issues with pirating.

Second, the big issue is the laws. If the sites hosting installous arent in the US there's little Apple can do under US laws. Cant restrict the internet and the content on the internet so, theres no way to get around that really to "shut it down"
    10-16-09 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD