Has anyone switched from Vzw Storm/Storm2 to a Vzw iPhone? I love my Storm2 but I'm just tired of having to replace it as I'm on replacement #6.

How are you liking the iPhone and/or why would you switch back?
    03-14-11 08:49 AM
    I have had the Storm2 and did like it quite a bit...more than most BlackBerries. I now have the Verizon iPhone 4. I did have several other phones in between, but I do like the iPhone quite a bit. It just works and I don't have to do a battery pull all the time. I have found that I could type faster on the Storm2 with the SureType keyboard in portrait mode, but I'm very fast on the iPhone QWERTY in portrait as well.
    03-14-11 08:55 AM
    Shouldn't this posted in the apple section

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-11 01:11 PM
    Make replacement #7 the iPhone and you'll probably end up happy. Everyone is different, but if you're having that many issues with it, it's probably time to switch platforms. Stay away from Android unless you like poor battery life. For now, only limited handsets on that platform have acceptable battery life. The iPhone will have better battery life than your S2 does now, so you'll like that as well. What's the worse that could happen... you won't like it... you have 2 weeks to make up your mind.
    03-14-11 02:51 PM
    I switched from the storm 1 and I am glad I did. Took a little while to get use to it, had a few problems setting up email, but it wasn't that hard once a did a few searches around the net. The only thing that I miss about BB is BBM other than that i am very please with my iphone. Batttery life is not as good as i expected, but way better than my storm 1.
    03-14-11 03:32 PM
    If you value the simplicity of drag and dropping any file and also not worrying about DRM with your media files, you will abhor the iPhone. Other than a pretty interface and good media playing, its a beast to use for routine business docs and email is mediocre. IMHO.

03-14-11 08:02 PM
    If you value the simplicity of drag and dropping any file and also not worrying about DRM with your media files, you will abhor the iPhone. Other than a pretty interface and good media playing, its a beast to use for routine business docs and email is mediocre. IMHO.

You don't need to worry about DRM with an iphone... you don't have to buy your music from apple.
    03-14-11 08:21 PM
    Has anyone switched from Vzw Storm/Storm2 to a Vzw iPhone? I love my Storm2 but I'm just tired of having to replace it as I'm on replacement #6.

I had the Storm 1 ... got it when it was first released. I got a Verizon iPhone on the day of release, also. Oh my goodness! What a difference. The iPhone is FABULOUS!!!! I would never go back to the Storm or any other phone. There are sooooo many apps... I use them all the time. It seems weird to love a phone so much but I do!!!
    03-18-11 10:27 AM

I switched from the Storm2 the day the iPhone 4 for Verizon came out. I couldn't have been happier. The screen, viewing, speed, no hassles and no clicking have made me appreciate how good of a phone Apple really made. There is just no comparison to the two phones. Although it takes getting used to the typing, it doesn't take long at all and it's nice to just tap the screen instead of pressing it all the time. I will never switch back to the Storm2.

03-18-11 03:34 PM
    I have to admitt, I've been a HUGE BB fan for several years - finally got my girlfrined an iPhoine 4 from VZ and while at dinner tonight, I was playing with it all night. I used to love my BB but the iPhone just seems so much faster and easier, the pics are off the chart awesome . . . my BB is a work phone, but if it weren't, I would have swapped it out tonight, sorry to say.
    03-18-11 11:55 PM
    Shouldn't this posted in the apple section

Shouldn't you read first! THIS IS THE IPHONE SECTION! His question is about i-phone...

03-19-11 12:37 AM
    Shouldn't you read first! THIS IS THE IPHONE SECTION! His question is about i-phone...

It probably got moved. Derr.

I'm trying to decide if I would want to get an iPhone come September.
    04-02-11 02:51 AM
    iPhone > Storm 2. Any iPhone. I would rather have an 8330 than a Storm 1/2.
    04-02-11 10:05 AM
    iPhone > Storm 2. Any iPhone. I would rather have an 8330 than a Storm 1/2.
    Now you're crazy... maybe the S1 was a bit more problamatic, but if you think an 8330 is better than an S2, you're high. Honestly, the 8330 was of a lesser quality than the 8830 was build wise.
    04-02-11 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD