Fortune magazine voted Chose Steve Jobs as the greatest entrepreneur of our time in a recent article. Followed by;

2. Bill Gates – Microsoft
    3. Fred Smith – FedEx
    4. Jeff Bezos – Amazon
    5. Larry Page & Sergey Brin – Google
    6. Howard Schultz – Starbucks
    7. Mark Zuckerberg – Facebook
    8. John Mackey – Whole Foods
    9. Herb Kelleher – Southwest Airlines
    10. Narayana Murthy – Infosys

Here is the link to the article I took it from

http://www.cultofmac.com/156091/stev...aign=spread-us
    03-26-12 07:44 AM
    Uh oh. You've done it now. You know there's no room for the truth here.
    03-26-12 08:12 AM
    Lmao very sometimes
    03-26-12 08:13 AM
    Let's put it this way.....SJ is definitely in the top three
    phonejunky likes this.
    03-26-12 08:32 AM
    Yea definitely agree with that.
    03-26-12 08:36 AM
    Seems the list could use people who actually do/did something to help mankind other than make something convenient or profits. But the list is what it is.

Go rich people.
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    03-26-12 08:42 AM
    Seems the list could use people who actually do/did something to help mankind other than make something convenient or profits. But the list is what it is.

Go rich people.
    The definition of entrepreneur is, a person who organizes and operates a business or businesses, taking on financial risk to do so, not who helped mankind the most. Also the companies these people lead have helped mankind advance anyway.
    pilsbury likes this.
    03-26-12 08:48 AM
    Yes so it is a list of rich people. Whoopie.
    03-26-12 08:54 AM
    To the victors go the spoils as they say.
    03-26-12 08:56 AM

Go rich people.
    It's a list of entrepreuners, not scientists.
    03-26-12 09:49 AM
    The definition of entrepreneur is, a person who organizes and operates a business or businesses, taking on financial risk to do so, not who helped mankind the most. Also the companies these people lead have helped mankind advance anyway.
    Not sure any of these guys took a huge financial risk though. With the sort of infinite leverage they got ?
    03-26-12 09:53 AM
    Not sure any of these guys took a huge financial risk though. With the sort of infinite leverage they got ?
    Steve took a tons. From the first popular desktop to buying next, as well as the iPhone and iPad. Imagine if they failed.
    03-26-12 09:56 AM
    It's a list of entrepreuners, not scientists.
    True. My point is why does anyone care. I would only care if they made me rich along with them. Over and out.
    03-26-12 09:58 AM
    The list has a common trait. They earned that leverage through their entreneurial spirit.
    03-26-12 10:22 AM
    I don't think Zuckerberg belongs on the list imo.

03-26-12 10:34 AM
    I don't think Zuckerberg belongs on the list imo.

I believe he definitely does. Facebook has brought the entire world together in a new way. And how he did it is great.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G
    03-27-12 01:59 PM
    Yes so it is a list of rich people. Whoopie.
    It goes way beyond that. The ideas and companies created by just these few guys employ hundreds of thousands of people and have created thousands of millionaires.
    03-27-12 02:15 PM
    Who invented the smartphone industry and who rode on the laurels of this great achievement...huh?!?!?
    03-27-12 02:19 PM
    Who invented the smartphone industry and who rode on the laurels of this great achievement...huh?!?!?
    Palm??
    03-27-12 02:57 PM
    RIM. Whoever that is/was. Jobs best attribute was that he could weed through all the tech trends and see what would float. His worst attribute was that he wasn't great with a budget, and he was an ahole (sometimes). In the old days he pushed for using a mouse (not arrow keys), icons (vs commands ala Windows), not selling off the OS (ala Windows) making it integral to the hardware, touchscreen only (no stylus ala Palm), and it's all about the form factor (ditch the cases for the iPad, just use the magnetic cover). He was pretty much a seer of the future. I can't wait for the TV. I bet that rocks because bigscreen TVs are a freaking mess out there. He was all about eliminating the confusion, making it simple/intuitive. Have you tried one of those TVs with the interface software in there? Combine that with a cable box and a couple/three remotes and a few beers and it's Katie Bar the freaking door!
    Last edited by thebignewt; 03-27-12 at 03:25 PM.
    phonejunky likes this.
    03-27-12 03:20 PM
    True. My point is why does anyone care. I would only care if they made me rich along with them. Over and out.
    It takes businesses to bring technology to people. They're a crucial part of the chain, because it goes both ways: if technology couldn't find a market there'd be no incentive to develop it.

Steve Jobs did an awful lot of the work to convince the world that computer technology was actually worthwhile. I remember the 80s vividly; before the Macintosh there were VERY few artists interested in computers. The consensus was that they were too rigid and confining. Many writers bragged that they still used manual typewriters, and wouldn't be caught dead using a word processor.

The Mac convinced a great many of these creative types to try a computer, and the subsequent introduction of the LaserWriter and Photoshop (which was Mac-only for years) finally convinced a lot of these artists that computers were worthwhile.

I'd also say that Jobs' insistence on great industrial design was important, too. I can't think of another company that's worked harder to make excellent design relatively affordable.
    03-27-12 04:17 PM
    It takes businesses to bring technology to people. They're a crucial part of the chain, because it goes both ways: if technology couldn't find a market there'd be no incentive to develop it.

Steve Jobs did an awful lot of the work to convince the world that computer technology was actually worthwhile. I remember the 80s vividly; before the Macintosh there were VERY few artists interested in computers. The consensus was that they were too rigid and confining. Many writers bragged that they still used manual typewriters, and wouldn't be caught dead using a word processor.

The Mac convinced a great many of these creative types to try a computer, and the subsequent introduction of the LaserWriter and Photoshop (which was Mac-only for years) finally convinced a lot of these artists that computers were worthwhile.

I'd also say that Jobs' insistence on great industrial design was important, too. I can't think of another company that's worked harder to make excellent design relatively affordable.
    OK I'm wrong but affordable and apple in the same sentence?
    03-27-12 04:27 PM
    lol. yea don't forget revolutionairy!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    03-27-12 04:33 PM
    OK I'm wrong but affordable and apple in the same sentence?
    You ignored the word "relatively"...
    03-27-12 05:33 PM
    Facebook has brought the entire world together in a new way. And how he did it is great.
    You actually made me laugh on this comment. Mark is called "The Accidental Billionaire" for a reason.

IMO Zuckerberg doesn't hold a candle to Steve Jobs or Bill Gates but he did make the list so what do I know.
    03-27-12 06:23 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD