Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Squaretrade does not Cover refurb iPhones?

I emailed Squaretrade about something with covering my refurb iPhone 3GS and they said that Squaretrade does not cover refurb iPhones is this True?

Thanks

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    PIN
    Point Accuracy

I could see that being true, but how would they know? I would assume only Apple & AT&T (as well as authorized retailers) have access to that.
    CrackBerry.com Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | Tech Enthusiast
    Forum Guidelines | MarketPlace Guidelines
    My Twitter | The Genesis Blog
    My Marketplace Feedback
    CrackBerry Genius

I was going to say how would they know?

And further that wouldnt make any sense, what if you broke a phone and you got a refurb, they wouldnt honor the rest of your insurance? Something is off with that.

I just got a refurb coming back from a 9700 ($250 for a 32gb) and its a refurb, but according to the Applecare left on it its only 2.5 months old (Applecare good until Sept 20 2010). I dont see what the difference is or how theyd know vs a brand new one 2.5 months old.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I just emailed them today and their answer was no.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts

that makes no sense...
    apple only replaces iphones with refurbs...
    CrackBerry User

Do they advertise this up front? Lots of people buy squaretrade warranties up front from ebay and other sites when they buy used phones. I thought SquareTrade had a MAJOR portion of their business coming from used devices?
    CrackBerry Abuser

When you choose iPhone from their website, there is no option for refurb; so yes, its pretty obvious. They may warranty used items, just not iPhones. What sucks is that you can buy a 32GB refurb iPhone 3Gs for $149! 90 day warranty? No thanks.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts

so what do people with refurbished iphones use? applecare doesn't cover physical damage...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    so what do people with refurbished iphones use? applecare doesn't cover physical damage...

Luck? This is why I have decided against a refurb-2 year contract and a 90 day warranty.

BTW BestBuy is going to start selling refurbs soon. Theirs will have a 1 year warranty and I am sure they will offer their $16/month service plan.