I'm on a family share plan with the wife on Verizon (both have BBs). My contract is up.

I want to get the iPhone 3Gs but would need to join AT & T and get two separate plans plus costs incurred (no longer mobile to mobile) to text message (can no longer BBM).

Is there free text messaging? Verizon just announced new 'Friends and Family' to include non-Verizon numbers in mobile-to-mobile minutes, anything like that on AT&T?

Thoughts? What would everyone out there do? Just stick with the BB Tour, its just boring.
    07-26-09 11:33 AM
    there are alternatives to bb messenger. you can download the new yahoo messenger which uses push. as long as you have data, you would essentially be using a mobile and desktop version of bb messenger. you could try aim, im+, beejive, all these would allow you to use any form of messenger to send im's in place of text messages.
    07-26-09 11:50 AM
    Get your wife an iPhone 3GS, she'll see the light.

Solved.
    07-26-09 03:00 PM
    in the market for a new 3GS, but nothing can take the place of BBM.
    07-26-09 05:40 PM
    ATT gives you nothing for free.

NOTHING.
    07-26-09 05:41 PM
    Why is AT&T supposed to give something for free?

You're entitled to ... what exactly?

Put your hand back in your pocket.

That being said I called AT&T to change my rate plan because my wife talks more then her minutes could handle and the lady I spoke to was nice enough to spot me 200 rollover minutes so I wouldn't go over and then updated my plan without any pro-rate fee's. Verizon would never have done something like that. Anytime you try to get one of Verizon's billing mistakes fixed they always have to get a managers approval and it can take 2+ months. Then you're lucky if they credit your account the full amount.
    07-26-09 07:04 PM
    Of course, me being me, I'm getting the 3GS whether I have to bring the wife with me (selling current BBs to cover her ETF) or waiting until her contract is over to bring her over (which ever one is cheaper).
    07-26-09 07:33 PM
    Why is AT&T supposed to give something for free?

You're entitled to ... what exactly?

Put your hand back in your pocket.

That being said I called AT&T to change my rate plan because my wife talks more then her minutes could handle and the lady I spoke to was nice enough to spot me 200 rollover minutes so I wouldn't go over and then updated my plan without any pro-rate fee's. Verizon would never have done something like that. Anytime you try to get one of Verizon's billing mistakes fixed they always have to get a managers approval and it can take 2+ months. Then you're lucky if they credit your account the full amount.
    Side note, your bill will more than likely be messed up, but I'm sure you'll get it fixed on the next call rather than waiting 2+ months. Unless she future dated the plan, expect it to be wrong, trust me. Also when they add Rollover minutes, it can sometimes take a whole bill cycle to take into effect. If it doesn't, you'll end up with free minutes as they will credit the overage that should have been covered with the 200 minutes.

When I managed the billing side, I saw this all the time. Hopefully it doesn't result in a call back though.
    07-26-09 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD