I have an iphone already on my work account, but i really wanted to replace all the phones on my VZW family plan with iphones.

Blackberry is great for me, but wife and kids really like the iphone better.

We keep hearing rumors, but im a long time VZW victim, err .. customer .. so i know it wont be happening. Even if it does it wont be for a longggggg time. Even after they leak rumors, we will probably wait years for the confirmation and release date .. which will eventually be pushed back a few tmes, before releasing their crippled buggy version of the phone.

Do i sound frustrated? LOL!

My family plan is staying on VZW because of the signal strength in my area. I just wish they would get the iPhone.

end rant

PS, yes ive tried the storm .. dont want to have that discussion right here lol. Lets just say its not for us. mmmk?
    09-21-09 01:47 PM
    I've talked to many verizon reps *i know i know save the crap talk* &they say will should be getting the iphone 2010 and it won't be called the iphone it will be called the vphone. Apple and verizon must have worked some kind of deal since apple knows verizon has the most customers and verizon knows that the iphone will sell like hotcakes. its win win!
    09-21-09 01:53 PM
    After the brutal experience with the storm:

I work for a mobile development firm. I was in and out of every managers desk with every Storm rumor i heard! I was the biggest fanboy they possibly could have had. Literally everyone i knew was sick of hearing he word "Storm" come out of my mouth!! And the actual experience was something like this:

- many months of rumors
    - months of possible release dates
    - thousand confirmations of release dates (all different of course)
    - confirmed release date, then pushed back few times
    - purchased phone, loaded with bugs. exchanged for new one
    - exchanged that one for another, because of same bugs
    - exchanged that for another, because of bugs
    - exchanged that for a BB Curve

After all of that lol ... i just cannot allow myself to even mentally entertain any such rumor of any kind from verizon. Ive basically taken on a "pics or it never happened" mentality LOL! I need to see it in writing, from verizon.com before i will even begin getting excited haha

Anyhow, my post was just to really vent about how upset i am that the iphone is still exclusive to ATT, and that we have little to no chance of getting it.
    09-21-09 02:19 PM
    Honestly; you cant always trust rumors or even "conformation" from reps. It will happen eventually Im sure; its just for the very patient.
    09-21-09 02:21 PM
    Imagine this - LTE rollout - SIMs in play - Apple makes some radio changes - poof, you have iPhone on VZW.

It is coming. The when is in question. Just know that Apple is gearing up for LTE & may be one of the first LTE phone vendors.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 03:46 PM
    I would love an iphone on verizon!
    09-21-09 03:48 PM
    I would love an iphone on verizon!
    I would love to see it. The iPhone is a far superior consumer device, compared to any BlackBerry.

Put the iPhone on VZW, toss in a few Linux phones & BlackBerry would be a sudden afterthought.

09-21-09 03:54 PM
    toss in a few Linux phones

Linux...mmmmmmmm!!!!
    09-21-09 04:20 PM
    I've talked to many verizon reps *i know i know save the crap talk* &they say will should be getting the iphone 2010 and it won't be called the iphone it will be called the vphone. Apple and verizon must have worked some kind of deal since apple knows verizon has the most customers and verizon knows that the iphone will sell like hotcakes. its win win!
    Do you really think that Verizon would ink a deal and then tell the reps before it was released? Do you also believe in Santa Claus?

09-21-09 06:56 PM
    Linux...mmmmmmmm!!!!
    Linux will wipe the floor with BB. It is that much better. Get a few Linux phones out there and Rim will be a has been real fast. Apple even has to worry.
    09-21-09 08:50 PM
    lol.. the "vPhone" - soo.. Apple is going to brand their best selling devices so they can be marketed by VZW..
    09-21-09 10:51 PM

Do i sound frustrated? LOL!
    Not really. You sound misled. And kind of idiotic for putting any ray of hope into a rumor like that......that was pry made up by some single 38 year old world of warcraft champ that lives in his mom's basement and makes fake myspace accounts for a living

09-21-09 11:16 PM
    I believe I started the name "vPhone" here long ago, in some satirical tirade.

No vPhone, period - although I wouldn't put it past VZW's maniacal egotism to try insisting on it.

09-21-09 11:24 PM
    I believe I started the name "vPhone" here long ago, in some satirical tirade.

No vPhone, period - although I wouldn't put it past VZW's maniacal egotism to try insisting on it.

When can I get the cPhone for Cricket?!
    09-21-09 11:44 PM
    lol.. the "vPhone" - soo.. Apple is going to brand their best selling devices so they can be marketed by VZW..
    lmfao

i wanna see the iphone on verizon 2 but i don't think it's going to happen
    09-22-09 12:22 AM
    About two months after the T-Phone for T-Mobile, but about a year before the S-Phone (if a bear s***ts in the woods, does it still stink?) for Sprint.

But before you get too excited about the iPhone, there is some possible good news about Maemo & some definite good news about WM7.

Maybe I'll write about it soon.

And - Omnia 2 on October 6th, as part of the worldwide release of dozens of devices across dozens of carriers for WM6.5

My forecast for the smartphone world in the next 12 months - most of these should be available on VZW, at least in LTE form... from best to last:

1. Maemo (Linux)

2. WM7

3. Apple

4. Android

5. Symbian

6. BlackBerry.

Samsung may throw a wrench in the works with their own Linux flavor. From what I hear - rumors, mind you - it should slot in between Apple & Android. Also, advances in Android & Chrome may push it above Apple. If Nokia chooses to update Symbian, and we don't see any marked improvements to iPhone, it too could move up. BlackBerry a year from now will look much like BlackBerry today, just another year behind the competition.

Basically, don't hang on too tightly to what you like today. Tomorrow will be different.

09-22-09 12:24 AM
    1. Maemo (Linux)

2. WM7

3. Apple

4. Android

5. Symbian

6. BlackBerry.
    So Palm's a non-starter?
    09-22-09 07:25 AM
    So Palm's a non-starter?
    Not really - I can't tell where Palm will be. There doesn't seem to be much, besides rumor, about where Palm will be with WebOS & device availability. If they are at one or two models & no additional manufacturers, I can't see it being a contender.

In terms of capability, I see Palm right around Android/Apple, but Palm no longer has the credibility of Apple, Google or even BlackBerry. Because of this, they lose points for being on a limited number of devices. Apple & BlackBerry will continue to have their rabid followers & Google will have their size. All three are household words, while Palm may not exist in 12 months.

The Palm OS is extremely scalable - but a limited number of devices on a limited number of carriers could spell its doom.

09-22-09 08:33 AM
    I'm sorry if one would consider this a stupid question, but what's an iphone?

09-22-09 08:43 AM
    Its the rumored vPhone for non-VZW people.

09-22-09 08:45 AM
    I really do hope that vzw and apple have made some kind of agreement and do plan to put the "v""i"phone out on the vzw network!
    09-22-09 08:50 AM
    Ok.... Would this fabled phone be good for me? I have a phone now.... Its the Samsung Verizon phone. It doesn't turn on anymore.... I bought it a new battery (I think it takes a AAA but don't know where it goes.... What does this phone offer that mine currently doesn't?

09-22-09 08:56 AM
    Yeah....... Apple isn't taking their "I" branding off of anything....... And if they do, I think its a very bad marketing decision

09-22-09 08:58 AM
    I could care less if they take the i out of iphone...as long as vzw and apple make some kind of deal to get that damn phone on vzw it doesn't matter to me!
    09-22-09 09:08 AM
    But for now we have the Storm2
    09-22-09 10:46 AM
109 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD