So I know the iPhone has a very limited selection for the text message tones. Is there anyway you can upload new ones onto your phone? I use audiko for my ringtones but their sms tones no longer work with the iPhone. It seems everyone has an iPhone now and it gets annoying when I constantly hear my text tone and its the million other people around me. Can anyone recommend a good website or app? Preferably free, but if its worth it I will pay for one! Thanks!
    12-10-09 08:30 PM
    You can change the sounds if you jailbreak-

Other than that, there is no official work around.
    12-11-09 01:04 PM
    I wonder if apple will decide to add this in the next patch update or something. I really would love to be able to change my SMS ringtone -- at work, there are a few people that have iphones, and anytime theirs goes off, I think its mine. lol. I'm just too afraid to jailbreak my device
    12-12-09 05:00 PM
    I am also too afraid to jailbreak my phone. I feel as if its not worth it. So yes hopefully that will be a new update!! I am sick of hearing all the iPhones around me go off, thinking that its mine! Thanks anyway!
    12-13-09 11:36 PM
    I wonder if apple will decide to add this in the next patch update or something. I really would love to be able to change my SMS ringtone -- at work, there are a few people that have iphones, and anytime theirs goes off, I think its mine. lol. I'm just too afraid to jailbreak my device
    I am also too afraid to jailbreak my phone. I feel as if its not worth it. So yes hopefully that will be a new update!! I am sick of hearing all the iPhones around me go off, thinking that its mine! Thanks anyway!
    Im with yall. I jailbroke mine and messed it up bearly got it back up. I dont plan on jailbreaking for a while. I keep mine on vib most of the time anyways.
    I have a pearl 8130 and I cannot figure out how to set different SMS tones for different people... I'm not sure it can even be done! I have figured out how to set different tones for people when they call but not for when they text me and I mainly text.
    On the pearl yes it can. Go here they can help you better there.
    12-16-09 01:08 AM
    Jailbreaking a phone is simple if it is a 3G. The problem comes up when it is a 3GS.
    12-18-09 04:23 AM
    Jailbreaking a phone is simple if it is a 3G. The problem comes up when it is a 3GS.
    Thats why mine messed up because I have the 3GS. Now if I would of known that before hand...
    12-18-09 11:49 PM
    I ran across the same problem on the 3GS as you did and I found out the hard way that the jailbreaking only works when tethered which was a mess. It was to much of a pain in the ***.

Thats why mine messed up because I have the 3GS. Now if I would of known that before hand...
    12-19-09 06:38 AM
    I have a pearl 8130 and I cannot figure out how to set different SMS tones for different people... I'm not sure it can even be done! I have figured out how to set different tones for people when they call but not for when they text me and I mainly text.
    Unfortunately you can't do this with Blackberry devices out the box, they only allow you to set the ringtone for when a person calls, as you figured out. The best thing to do is search and see if there is an app for that.
    12-19-09 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD