I currently have the 8GB iPhone 3G, and I was seriously thinking about moving to Verizon for the Blackberry Storm 2. Although, I do like the iPhone, there are things I dislike about it too.

1. I have to jailbreak it to make it worth my while.

2. Some of the apps are cool, although most are paid apps, I find the App Store to be a little high priced

3. I hate the email on the phone. Its usable but certainly nothing compared to Blackberry email.

4. I like the keyboard on the iPhone.

I was thinking of upgrading to the iPhone 3GS, but I dont know. I need you guys to help me decide. Should I wait for the Android phones? Should I go with the Storm 2? (I love Blackberry)

I use everything on my phone
    -email, mms, texting (i like the threaded text messages), internet.

HELP ME DECIDE!!
    10-26-09 10:20 PM
    I say go for the Storm2. Sounds like the BB better fits your needs.
    But in my opinion, the bb app world is waaaay over priced (and a bit lame) in comparison.
    10-26-09 10:38 PM
    I say go for the Storm2. Sounds like the BB better fits your needs.
    But in my opinion, the bb app world is waaaay over priced (and a bit lame) in comparison.
    Well, I use the internet on the phone a lot, and email. My first smartphone was a BB, then I got an iPhone along with a friend.

I'm reading more and more about these Android phones, are those more superior to the Blackberry phones? Like I said, I use text messaging a lot, internet, and email. The apps are a bonus, and having the games and things are just an added bonus, but when I have to pay for everything, it becomes kind of a pain in the ***. Spending $100 a month for a phone every month I think you should be able to get a lot. ****, they should make most the apps for free. But I dont want some watered down "lite" version of an app.

Some things I dont mind paying for, but the App store is getting ridiculous. Too many useless apps. So you really think the Storm 2 is the way to go? Over the 3GS?
    10-27-09 12:19 AM
    Simply stated NO. The reason BB keeps missing is because it cannot match Apple's OS, just plain and simple.
    If you go for the Storm 2 make sure there is a trial period, if you are happy stay with it if not cancel.

fyi: the 3G S is much snappier than the 3G and better overall with double the memory in multiple ways.
    10-27-09 07:42 AM
    I intentionally ignore other smart phone adds (android,Pre etc) because I do not want to like another device so I cannot comment on those devices. I'm simply sticking with bb or Apple.
    The email system on the iPhone is really good, it only sucks IF you compare it to a bb.

I don't feel the way you do about the app store. It's not like Apple is creating the apps and then charging you for them, it's regular people taking time to create them, submitting them to apple and they want to be compensated. And while u think that there are lots of useless apps, iPhone users probably range in age from 8-80 so the apps are probAbly useful to someone, just not you.

I changed my mind lol. Get the 3gs, it is really snappier and if you love the safari browser (I'm not that big of a fan) that is more reason to get the 3gs.
    Last edited by Teek; 10-27-09 at 08:23 AM.
    10-27-09 08:19 AM
    IMO if you do not care for the 3G then i would not get the 3GS since it is only a upgrade of the 3G. they have the same UI and for the most part the same features. I hear typing on the storm2 is better since you can now hit 2 keys at once. i would give that a test run if i was you since you like BB email and the keyboard on the Iphone
    10-27-09 09:19 AM
    I currently have the 8GB iPhone 3G, and I was seriously thinking about moving to Verizon for the Blackberry Storm 2. Although, I do like the iPhone, there are things I dislike about it too.

1. I have to jailbreak it to make it worth my while.

2. Some of the apps are cool, although most are paid apps, I find the App Store to be a little high priced

3. I hate the email on the phone. Its usable but certainly nothing compared to Blackberry email.

4. I like the keyboard on the iPhone.

I was thinking of upgrading to the iPhone 3GS, but I dont know. I need you guys to help me decide. Should I wait for the Android phones? Should I go with the Storm 2? (I love Blackberry)

I use everything on my phone
    -email, mms, texting (i like the threaded text messages), internet.

HELP ME DECIDE!!
    1. what apps are you using jailbroken that make it worth while is the first question.
    2. if you think the apple app store is overpriced, wait till you see the blackberry app world where the minimum is like 2 bucks!
    3. the only thing i like about the bb email better than the iphone is the push. bb email doesnt let you set up folders and everything is pretty much just stored in one place.
    4. i agree and like the iphone keyboard as well.

i really really like the looks of the new storm 2, but not being on verizon, it really does me no good. i'm not going to switch carriers just for the sake of owning a phone that will be obsolete (storm original) in a year. if you were already on verizon it would be different, but then you wouldnt have an iphone either. android looks cool too, but i'm afraid that i wouldnt be able to find anything that gave me the experience i have on an iphone now.
    10-27-09 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD