Look I think RIM is a good company, and I think they ment well when they brought out the storm( which... I have ), and its not a terrible phone. But it's not so great either. I want the I-phone, and the only reason I hadn't gotten it so far is because I like Verizon. I've had some really bad luck with ATT, and I think to myself. Is it really worth going through ATT's bull if something wrong does go wrong with the phone? Then I talked to my uncle ( Who is the Vice preisdent of Apple. ), and finally it dawned on me after months of rumors I generally wanted to put my two cents out there...Apple and ATT have a contract this is true. But, for those who don't know. It really doesn't matter what the contract states because there are clauses and money to back apple up. CDMA/GSM doesn't matter either. If Verizon, or other carriers are willing to play ball. So will apple. In the end, there really are no time limits and for the people who say it won't happen... There is never and never, it just merely depends on the formalities of the contractual agreements. As far as the Rhapsody/Itunes thing, that is a simple answer. Each year companies have products that they produce that don't do so well. Apple will want Itunes, on the phone that will be intresting. The question isn't whether Apple and Verizon are talking. Which they are, the question is whether the value of the phone, and level of customers it brings outweighs the income one music program might, or might no bring Verizon the point is it wont, and doesn't matter. If the contract is broken with ATT, Apple will only have to pay the remaining years on said contract. But my guess is simply this. In the wake of Steve Jobs, and his health conserns apple will be looking for the next " big thing " to keep the stock prices from going down. It is in good faith, that I believe Apple will do a mutil-platformed release. Who knows there are some real genius's at apple. They might release a second branch of phone, therefore not violating the contractual agreement. Either way, the contract ends. Apple will go to other carriers, the money made would be worth it. As well as apple, is great with people. Listens to its fans, and users. Each month its flooded with e-mails of the ****ty way they are treated by ATT, and the customers they would be getting if their phone was on a different carrier.

My only question is this.
    Have you guys seen a major improvement in ATT, and the way they treat you. I only ask because I am the only one on Verizon in my family. : / I love the network, but it's making more sense to jump.

I don't mean to sound all high and mighty, I like RIM, and I like crackberry.
    But I just think that people need to relax, its a phone. You use it, and I don't find it fair to bash someone, because of their choice in phone. Anyways, I thank you for your time lol..
    Last edited by chrisy520; 05-31-09 at 03:03 PM. Reason: langauge
    05-26-09 04:23 PM
    Well down here in the Miami area, ATT has excellent service everywhere in the city... even places where Verizon (or ANY other phone company down here)gets zero signal, my friends 3G iPhone would have full strength signal (it amazes me).

I myself use the iPhone for T-Mobile.. I just love Tmobiles customer support and its flexibility. If I don't want the iPhone any more, I'll just switch to my 8900 that I have a contract with. I love the iPhone for its apps and itunes. but I love blackberry for its BBM and physical keyboard (althought I don't miss it one bit when I use the iPhone).

I'm pretty sure once the Storm 2 comes out, it won't be as much of a let down as the original one... I hope they learn from their mistakes cause hey, I'll be the first one to jump and get the Storm 2 and try it out on TMobile :-)
    05-26-09 05:09 PM
    if at&t service is that bad in your area its not worth switching for the iPhone. as far as customer service goes what little i have used verizion CS and at&t CS, i havent had problems with either really. but i have only called at&t one time, same for verizion...

there plans are roughly the same price, so if at&t has good service in your area and you really want the iPhone go for it and make the switch..

remember at&t will give you 30 days to try out there service, so before you go canceling verizion try it out first...
    05-26-09 05:11 PM
    OP, you reaaally think Apple will let VZW have the iPhone without iTunes? (Rhapsody) Put the smoke down, it's bad for you health and brains.

VZW has already proven they cannot make a critical decision to save their lives, Apple can and will get whatever they want when they want. To put it mildly its not wether VZW will jump when Apple ask, but how high.

Apple pretty much controls most critical negotiations with both ATT and VZW including the requirement of iTunes of which everything Apple revolves around.

People keep thinking Apple has maxed out it's user subscription with ATT, are they MAD? ATT has what 80 million subscribers? How many have iPhones? 15-20 million? Last I checked that a potential of 50 million +, that is why Apple is busting ATT's chops lowering their data plan to tap into that 50 million.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 05-26-09 at 06:11 PM.
    05-26-09 06:06 PM
    I do. To be honest with you. When they were offered it the first time around, clearly the powers to be thought it was a flash in the pan. Obviously, its not. Itunes will be on the i-phone as I understand it is a primiary way to up-date and fix issues with the i-phone. But thats just me, I say it happens. Thats just me.
    05-26-09 06:12 PM
    Who is your uncle Phil Schiller, Scott Forstall, Peter Oppenheimer or Tim Cook lol. I think he was giving his nephew a pick me up because he loves you so much... :-).
    05-26-09 06:21 PM
    If my uncle worked for Apple I'd probably have every iPhone made lol
    05-26-09 06:22 PM
    If my uncle worked for Apple I'd probably have every iPhone made lol
    If my uncle worked for Apple as VP, I'd be sport'n around an iPhone working with VZW.
    05-26-09 06:23 PM
    I've tried to work for apple lol. But he hasn't shown much intrest so I just let it be. Funny thing though. They don't get " discounts " on the iphone. He gets 30 % off everything else though. I am a manager, and I would have to start part time in apple. I wouldn't be able to live part-time so for now I'll just have to deal with it. LOL Course his Iphone was free lucky *******.
    05-26-09 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD