I'm a brand new VZW iPhone 4 user and I've been trying to get my Road Runner email account to work without any success.

I've searched online and read some things, I've searched these forums. I've found a few things but nothing that's been able to help me out.

Issue is I get a pop-up saying it can't verify using SSL and if I want to try without SSL. I tried without as well, no luck. For whatever reason my BlackBerry never had any issues connecting to email accounts.

Anyone really knowledgeable in this matter help me out please? List out step by step clearly what I need to do and type in? Again it's on Verizon and Road Runner is a POP account, so dealing with pop-server and smtp-server.

Thanks in advance for all help.
    04-01-11 02:38 PM
    See if some of the advice in this thread works. It came up a while ago.

Verizon iPhone and Road Runner Email - Help! - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    04-01-11 02:50 PM
    See if some of the advice in this thread works. It came up a while ago.

Verizon iPhone and Road Runner Email - Help! - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Yes I saw and tried what's in the thread. No luck. And quite frankly it isn't the most clearly written instructions.
    04-01-11 03:07 PM
    I know this isn't the best solution but meanwhile I'd just create a Gmail exchange account,
    setup Road Runner to forward e-mails to it, and that way you'd at least get them
    instantly pushed. Once you figure out the problem, then you can just go back to
    normal.

I believe on the native Gmail settings from the server you can setup the reply to
    address as the Road Runnner account.
    Mr. Marco likes this.
    04-01-11 03:12 PM
    I know this isn't the best solution but meanwhile I'd just create a Gmail exchange account,
    setup Road Runner to forward e-mails to it, and that way you'd at least get them
    instantly pushed. Once you figure out the problem, then you can just go back to
    normal.

I believe on the native Gmail settings from the server you can setup the reply to
    address as the Road Runnner account.
    Thanks. You are quite a helpful and gracious dude.
    04-01-11 03:26 PM
    Please don't open up multiple threads about the same issue. Go to your other thread here http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/i-d...em-lol-600639/ and read my post in the thread. It has all the info you need, specific to your location.
    04-01-11 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD