Update:I always try every single tut I put up and after going through the steps of this one I would feel like I was promoting someones product if I didnt warn you guys that iPhone Backup Extractor charges $25 to restore any more than 1 file at a time. I am sure there is other software out there that will let you extract files from a backup for free so I will look and see what I can find. But just a fair warning this way cost aghhhhh. If those pictures are that important than go ahead.

The initial release of Spirit had this bug, which accidentally deleted all photos from the iDevice which you used to jailbreak with it. If you were wise enough to make a backup before jailbreaking your device, you can now recover it using iPhone Backup Extractor.

Follow the step by step guide posted below to recover your deleted photos from iPhone, iPad or iPod touch after jailbreaking it with Spirit.

Step 1: Install OpenSSH on your device. Instructions for installing OpenSSH on iPhone/iPod touch can be found here.Enable Tethering on iPhone 3G 3GS 3.1.2 Firmware | Redmond Pie

Step 2: Download and install iPhone Backup Extractor.
    (Download links: Windows 32-bit RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting,
    64-bit RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    Mac OS X RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

Step 3: Run iPhone Backup Extractor and select the last backup which you made before jailbreaking your device using Spirit.

Step 4: Navigate to Media/Media/DCIM and select this folder. Click ‘Next’ to save the files locally on your hard drive.

Step 5: Download and install Cyberduck for Mac or WinSCP for Windows. Enter the following details to login to your iphone:

* Server: The IP address of your iPad/iphone. Settings –> WiFi –> <Your Network Name>
    * Username: root
    * Password: alpine
    * Protocol: SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol)

WinSCP

* Hostname: The IP address
    of your iPad. Setting –> WiFi –> <Your Network Name>
    * User name: root
    * Password: alpine
    * Protocol: SCP
    Update: note to advise people that they SHOULD change the password for SSH from the default 'alpine' to something only you would know. All passwords are default alpine and unless you want someone else to SSH into your phone I would advice changing this. Thanks to Navi for pointing this out.

Step 6: Navigate to /User/Media/ directory and copy over the folder DCIM folder which you just extracted from the backup and to this location.

Step 7: Reboot your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch.

That’s it ! you should now have all your photos back like you did before
    Last edited by harrison0550; 05-07-10 at 01:35 PM. Reason: update
    05-06-10 10:13 PM
    Thanks Harrison. This tutorial is also very helpful in determining just how valuable your lost photos are, lol.
    05-07-10 05:59 AM
    Wow, that's alot of work. Why not create a folder on ur desktop, backup pics, jailbreak phone and then sync them back.... Oh yeah, plus it's FREE

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-10 07:36 AM
    Wow, that's alot of work. Why not create a folder on ur desktop, backup pics, jailbreak phone and then sync them back.... Oh yeah, plus it's FREE

How would that help if you've already j/b and lost everything on your Camera Roll?
    05-07-10 07:53 AM
    How would that help if you've already j/b and lost everything on your Camera Roll?
    It won't help if u already lost everything. That's why u should backup everything, including pics, before jailbreaking or anything.

05-07-10 11:55 AM
    It won't help if u already lost everything. That's why u should backup everything, including pics, before jailbreaking or anything.

hahaha thats why the title of this post is "Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone / iPad After Spirit Jailbreak" I really didnt think I needed to add: unless you already have a back up of everything b4 you jailbroke seems like that would have just been a long title plus you probably are not going to be searching for how to get your deleted photos back if you already had a back up. I'm just sayings all. Oh and using the free version isnt to bad really. I know one file at a time sucks but I gave it a whirl last night just to see how long it would take one at a time and it wasnt bad. Once you are at the end of the program and it has recovered your file you can click finish or back. Click back and it will take you right back to the directory where your photos are, select the next photo and just click next then repeat probably hundreds of times lol but like I said, How important are those photos to you?
    Last edited by harrison0550; 05-07-10 at 01:42 PM.
    05-07-10 01:27 PM
    There are 3 useful ways tell you How to Recover Deleted Photos on iPhone. And specific steps are as follow.You can try iPhone Data Recovery as below.

Way 1: Recover Deleted Photos Directly from iPhone
    Step 1 Connect your Device and Choose the Recovery Mode
    Step 2 Enter DFU Mode and Scan for Deleted Photos
    Step 3 Preview and Recover Lost Photos

Way 2: Restore Deleted Photos from iTunes Backup
    Step 1 Select the Recovery Mode
    Step 2 Scan the Backup File
    Step 3 Check and Recover Deleted Photos

Way 3: Recover Deleted Photos from iCloud Backup
    Step 1 Download Your Backup from iCloud Account
    Step 2 Scan the Backup File
    Step 3 Check and Recover Deleted Photos
    04-28-14 01:55 AM
    Who jailbreaks their phone without backing up first?
    07-30-14 03:01 PM
    I used to recover deleted photos from iPhone with iPhone data recovery, my friends recommend it to me. It's safe and it works pretty well for my iPhone 5, you may have a try.
    09-18-14 02:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD