I've currently got a BB 8310 curve but I've been getting more and more annoyed with the lack of reception i have. I could either switch carriers or to the iPhone (I've heard that's one of the better phones for AT&T reception), But i'm not sure which is the better choice. Any info is helpful, especially if you live in the east Texas area haha.
    11-24-09 03:04 AM
    This was one of the many reasons I switched to iphone. We just got 3g in our town, and my pearl and curve not having 3g was killing me. It was so slow!! It was definitely worth the switch. You are not to terribly far away from me, and that being said I think you will like the coverage you get with iphone better than the curve.
    11-24-09 03:16 AM
    Thanks, that's what i expected. After Christmas i will most likely make the switch.
    11-24-09 03:49 AM
    Welcome. I havent been up your way with my iphone yet, but I know a few people up there, and they all have AT&T and actually all have iphone's, and have had no problems.
    11-24-09 04:33 AM
    If you are having reception problems I think you're probably going to want to look into a different carrier. Your Curve should have as good as, if not better reception than the iPhone, carrier being equal. Unless it's broken anyway. True the Curve does not do 3G, but that doesn't matter in terms of actual reception and the ability to use your phone. 3G just means faster data speeds. You can have differences in carrier strength even from one block to another within the same town, so determining which network works best for you is the right place to start before spending a lot of money on a phone. As a former truck driver I can tell you from experience that Verizon is undoubtedly the best coverage you will find if you travel a lot, but sometimes AT&T can have better coverage inside the larger cities. Except NY City...AT&T is worthless in NY.
    11-24-09 05:24 PM
    GSM isnt like CDMA. On CDMA there are separate voice and data channels. On GSM they run together. So being on 3G actually could improve your signal/voice calls.
    11-24-09 05:59 PM
    I was with VZW since 93'. I begged them to put up more towers by my house on Long Island just East of NYC. I switched to At&t and got the iphone and all I have to say is WOW! I don't miss VZW at all
    11-27-09 09:47 PM
    i heard vzw is really good tho?
    11-30-09 03:00 AM
    i heard vzw is really good tho?
    They are-

But as with all carriers, it depends on your location.

VZW as much as they'd like to believe themselves to be superior, are spotty in certain locations where AT&T isn't.

Just as much as AT&T is spotty in some locations that VZW isn't.

It's all about what carrier is best in your area.
    11-30-09 10:35 AM
    I know my cousins husband didn't get reception with Verizon up the street from me so he had to switch to AT&T. Reception is really location based.
    11-30-09 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD