Long story short, I was first in line 2 years ago on the iPhone's release, jumped from VZW to AT&T, and hadn't really regretted it.

However, AT&T's coverage really is appalling. Even being located in North Jersey/NYC, I frequently have no service or dropped calls all the time. I love the iPhone, but until they get on a better carrier, I'm jumping ship.

So I'm looking for a little guidance. It seems to me that VZW's BB offerings are pretty slim. Hard to believe that 2 years after the iPhone's release, one of their signature models doesn't even have wifi. So as with all phone purchases, gotta be compromising.

I like the BB's over the Android et al. mostly because of BBM, which most of my texting contacts have, which is a definite decision baser. But I'm a little confused as to what would be my best move to hop back over to VZW with the BB. I know they won't have the usability or features of my iPhone, but I'm willing to give it up. I'd rather have a phone that can actually make calls than have 150 apps. I know there are tons of threads on what's upcoming and speculation on new models, but I'm leaning towards the Storm 2. Any thoughts on a (mostly) pain free jump ship?
    12-07-09 11:46 AM
    I would go storm 2 if you want the best out there with WIFI and touchscreen...
    12-07-09 11:49 AM
    The storm 2 is a great phone, 2 gb build in memory with a 16gb card included. Has Wifi which is something you stated in your post, plus it has the ability for world travel. Don't over look the new curve either, very nice phone that is compact and light weight that also comes with wifi, trackpad this time so no need in replacing the ball. The main differences between the two phones is the global travel and the built in memory (the curve can accept a 16gb memory card)
    12-07-09 11:50 AM
    In the world of "iDoesn't'", Droid does.

hahahaha I couldn't help myself.
    12-07-09 12:19 PM
    Depending on whether you are willing to wait a little bit. Tour2 will have wifi. I assume that's what you meant by not having wifi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 12:25 PM
    Get the Storm2 it's almost a no brainer, UNLESS you want a keyboard model, in which case waiting a few months for the Tour2 would be your best bet. But I say get the Storm2
    12-07-09 09:10 PM
    I'm in the same boat as you. Trying to ditch my iJunk and go to VZW. I played with the Storm2 in the store and I am definitely getting that one. Since you like BBM, get a Storm2, you'll be happy.
    12-07-09 10:11 PM
    The Storm 2 has a different touch screen then the iPhone, so don't expect the same thing or you set yourself up for disappointment.
    12-07-09 10:30 PM
    If BBM is so important for you, how did you have an iPhone for two years?
    12-07-09 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD