Quick question about a 4G iphone - If Apple were to make a LTE phone for Verizon, wouldn't they HAVE to develop the CDMA tech for the iphone (what happens when the verizon iphone loses 4G coverage?... it'll have to rely on 3G/2G CDMA tech right?) + Verizon will still be using CDMA for voice while LTE will be used for data. So why are all of these rumors that Apple has to wait for verizon to launch 4G when there going to have to use CDMA tech anyways?
    10-26-09 08:32 PM
    Think of it like this.. GSM is LTE's distant brother.. as opposed to CDMA which is LTE's great great great great grandmother from a cousin 100 times removed.

So basically no, iPhone will NOT go to Verizon until LTE is well well developed throughout the USofA.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 10-26-09 at 08:45 PM.
    10-26-09 08:43 PM
    I get that, but it will be a lot longer than 2 years before verizon has all of the USA covered with LTE. Apples going to have to use CDMA if they go to verizon anyway so why not start now?
    10-26-09 09:52 PM
    verizon bought 70% of the lte spectrum. If iphone doesn't hook up with verizon, verizon will have a ton of phones that WILL sh*t on the iphone. Iphone will still have cooler apps but the speed is literally 5X+ faster. peolpe get it so twisted it makes me sick. Verizon can have the iphone when ever they want. They just refuse to let apple call the shots and make all the money on that phone. Verizon has spent too much time effort and money into their network to let one phone boss them around. year over year verizon is w/o the king of phones and yet they still make more money and continue to build their network so much more superior than AT&T.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 10:10 PM
    verizon bought 70% of the lte spectrum. If iphone doesn't hook up with verizon, verizon will have a ton of phones that WILL sh*t on the iphone.
    You mean like the current 50 phones Verizon has against the ONE iPhone...yet the iPhone comes on top over and over and over.. to the tune of 3.2 MILLION.. ONE phone just the last quarter alone.. too funny. Verizon has stated it wants the iPhone (recently)yet they don't have it.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 10-26-09 at 10:19 PM.
    10-26-09 10:16 PM
    I mean the ton of phones that will run on lte. Last quarter they released 3gs of course they sold a lot of iphones... @ launch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 10:26 PM
    The iPhone will eventually come to Verizon.. summer 2012 at the earliest when LTE is widespread.
    Apple has proven the network doesn't determine the success of a phone but the phone manufacturer itself. I have unbelievable 3G service where I live with ATT but I have also traveled to where it hasn't been so good.
    Again it's Apple that calls the shots, they have proven themselves time and time again.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 10-27-09 at 07:18 AM.
    10-26-09 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD