I got a very quick question regarding the iPhone 3G activation.

I recently moved from Mexico to the US. In Mexico I had an iPhone 3G with Telcel, and now I got a Blackberry 9700 with AT&T.

Now, I'm worried that upgrading to 3.1.3 I will need to reactivate my iPhone; yet I do not have an active SIM card from Telcel, and I do not want to hacktivate as I will lose the push services. My iPhone is softunlocked (ultrasnow) so could I activate using the AT&T sim card? Or could I activate the cellphone with my old Telcel sim card that is not activated?

Thanks! I tried googling and searching but found no clear answer.

Sincerely,

Jose
    05-28-10 12:26 AM
    If u upgrade to 3.1.3 it will upgrade the baseband to 05.12.01 and there is NO unlock for it, so if u require an unlock DO NOT upgrade thru iTunes. If ur iPhone is already activated, just insert ur sim card from ur BB and you'll be fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-10 12:55 PM
    I'm currently in 3.0 and my plan was updating to 3.1.2 and use the cydia patch for 3.1.3 (for the apps that "need it") yet my question is how to activate the iphone when I don't have an active SIM card from Telcel even when I'm out of contract. Hence I shouldn't need to get another contract to use my cellphone...
    05-29-10 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD