My contract currently isn't available for an upgrade so I am thinking of buying the new Iphone 3gs from ebay or somewhere similar. How does the warranty work since I am not getting this through the upgrade program with my provider?
    06-11-09 10:28 PM
    Well I think there is a default warrenty. You'd need to contact Apple. But its not user friendly at least thats how it is with my BlackBerry. Meaning if the phone is " faulty " you send it back to apple and they fix it. But say you drop it, or something thats user caused, then you'd need a warrenty for that because the vendor wont cover user errors. Least thats how it is with my storm, I would imagine its similar with the Iphone.
    Last edited by shawnomega; 06-11-09 at 11:08 PM.
    06-11-09 11:06 PM
    Well I think there is a default warrenty. You'd need to contact Apple. But its not user friendly at least thats how it is with my BlackBerry. Meaning if the phone is " faulty " you send it back to apple and they fix it. But say you drop it, or something thats user caused, then you'd need a warrenty for that because the vendor wont cover user errors. Least thats how it is with my storm, I would imagine its similar with the Iphone.
    Thanks. I wasn't sure if I could use support directly through apple or if it had to go through the provider or not.
    06-12-09 07:42 AM
    My contract currently isn't available for an upgrade so I am thinking of buying the new Iphone 3gs from ebay or somewhere similar. How does the warranty work since I am not getting this through the upgrade program with my provider?
    The iPhone has a standard 1 year manufacturing warranty from date of purchase. So if something happens, like your screen need replacing due to a faulty unit, touchscreen stops working etc... you take it to an Apple Store and they will fix/replace it. There is no insurance available like other devices. If you want more coverage you can buy Apple Care. You can purchase Apple Care from for about 70 bucks and it provides additional coverage to your device and extends it 1 year beyond the standard warranty. Keep in mind you have to buy it with the first year from it's purchase date i.e. while it's still under manufacturer's warranty. Good luck
    06-12-09 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD