So im planing to get iPhone 6 when it comes out and im going to keep my Q10 as a secondary mobile and the iphone 6 will be the primary

The question is how can I transfer my contacts my notes my bbm contacts and like that !!

Is there a way or I will have to start fresh ?

And sorry but I dont know if its the place to put the thread

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 05:27 AM
    I wouldn't do it.... keep the q as your main device. info flying around about the iPhone 6 isn't too great, if you really want the iPhone 6 wait till all the bugs are sorted first. Then make the decision to go.

Posted using my sexy sleek Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2947
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    04-26-14 06:53 AM
    How do you "plan" before knowing anything about the device?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-10.2.1.2102
    Q10Bold and GRojasHruska like this.
    04-26-14 07:26 AM
    Part of being apart of the CB community is helping people just as much as we love BlackBerry. Help the OP rather than criticize them just because they found a better solution for themselves.

This should be of some use to you. Of course, software and hardware differences on the iPhone 6 may have different instructions when released but this should give you a general idea.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iph...phone-3465033/

Best of luck!

Z10 10.2.1.2102
    04-26-14 07:42 AM
    For BBM, you just need to install BBM on the iPhone and login with the same BlackBerryID as you had on the Q10. The BBM contacts will transfer automatically. The chats will not.

For the other contacts, if you use an Email service that uses Microsoft Exchange, the contacts and calendars will transfer when you setup the same email account on the phone. If the notes are in the Exchange account, they should transfer too.

I would just wait to see what BlackBerry has to offer in the fall, rather than spend a lot of money on a new iPhone or commit to a new two year contract. At that point you can decide which is best.

Posted via CB10
    howarmat likes this.
    04-26-14 08:06 AM
    Part of being apart of the CB community is helping people just as much as we love BlackBerry. Help the OP rather than criticize them just because they found a better solution for themselves.

This should be of some use to you. Of course, software and hardware differences on the iPhone 6 may have different instructions when released but this should give you a general idea.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iph...phone-3465033/

Best of luck!

Z10 10.2.1.2102
    Yes, and there is also a Imore community and and android community that can help they OP better than us as well. How would I (a BlackBerry user and somewhat fan guy) know how to change a BlackBerry device that's amazing to a different device!?

Also its not even in the right section of the forum either

Posted via CB10
    Playbook007 and Uzi like this.
    04-26-14 08:08 AM
    Yes, and there is also a Imore community and and android community that can help they OP better than us as well. How would I (a BlackBerry user and somewhat fan guy) know how to change a BlackBerry device that's amazing to a different device!?

Posted via CB10
    I unno haha, because you've never touched anything other than a blackberry? (that's not a bad thing ). I've played with everything so I guess I'm not the average BlackBerry user...

Obviously I don't know the OP but I don't think he's affiliated with those communities. We alteast know how to prep an export on the BlackBerry.

Z10 10.2.1.2102
    04-26-14 08:23 AM
    Guys I will keep my Q10 I just going to move into another country and I cant have a carrier plan there thats why I cant use the Q10 any more

Plus I really love my Q10 but my Circumstances dont allow me to use my Q10 as a daily driver plus I was planing to get an iphone 5s but someone told me that iphone 6 will got realesed in june so I just need to wait 1 month and see if I will like it or not im just seeing if there is a way to transfer my data from Q10 to iphone6

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 08:27 AM
    Guys I will keep my Q10 I just going to move into another country and I cant have a carrier plan there thats why I cant use the Q10 any more

Plus I really love my Q10 but my Circumstances dont allow me to use my Q10 as a daily driver plus I was planing to get an iphone 5s but someone told me that iphone 6 will got realesed in june so I just need to wait 1 month and see if I will like it or not im just seeing if there is a way to transfer my data from Q10 to iphone6

Posted via CB10
    There are areas in the forms to point you to the right direction also as mentioned iMore is a great spot to search as well.

Posted via CB10
    EgraM likes this.
    04-26-14 08:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    It'll more likely be released in Fall.

Posted via CB10
    EgraM likes this.
    04-26-14 08:30 AM
    Let's help here...
    I doubt many on iMore will have experience moving data from a BlackBerry, so the OP is asking in the right place.
    As has been said, if you install BBM on the iPhone and login with your ID, that will transfer your contacts over.
    For the rest of your contacts it probably won't be that easy. I'd recommend using some form if cloud based storage, such as an Active Sync account, or backing your contacts up to Outlook on your computer. You can do the second option via Link.
    Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    EgraM likes this.
    04-26-14 12:20 PM
    Let's help here...
    I doubt many on iMore will have experience moving data from a BlackBerry, so the OP is asking in the right place.
    As has been said, if you install BBM on the iPhone and login with your ID, that will transfer your contacts over.
    For the rest of your contacts it probably won't be that easy. I'd recommend using some form if cloud based storage, such as an Active Sync account, or backing your contacts up to Outlook on your computer. You can do the second option via Link.
    Good luck!

Posted via CB10

Thank you for ur help I'm going to see the iphone first I might not like it so I might stick with my Q10

We will see

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 02:18 PM
    Sure as rain the iPhone 6 won't be released by June, so if that's what you're holding out on its best you move to the iPhone 5s. Also It's best if you do a wait and see approach where the 6 is concerned. Rumors are that apple is increasing screen size and resolution... surely it'll take some time for developers to scale their apps.

Alas as stated above BBM contacts will be easy enough to transfer and your phone contacts can be backed up to the sim so they can be accessed by the iPhone. Your email accounts should also be able to resync all the contacts that they're associated with.

Posted via CB10
    EgraM likes this.
    04-26-14 05:39 PM
    Guys, the OP asked a question. Either help them or GT*FO. Instead of mocking him for his decision. I bet he's all grown up and he knows what he's doing. It's either help or don't post at all!

I'd suggest syncing your blackberry with your mail account. It'll save your contacts on your Outlook/Gmail( what I use when I like transferring contacts)

Posted via CB10
    EgraM likes this.
    04-26-14 05:42 PM
    Hi,

Just something on BBM: you can't use the same BBM account on 2 devices at the same time.
    Each device has its own PIN.
    It is quite boring.
    It is not an issue because when you log in on a device, it transfers all your BBM contacts on it and the same when you log in on the other one but if you want people to add, you have to give the good PIN...
    And all the chats will be deleted each time you change.
    EgraM likes this.
    04-27-14 05:20 AM
    I wouldn't do it.... keep the q as your main device. info flying around about the iPhone 6 isn't too great, if you really want the iPhone 6 wait till all the bugs are sorted first. Then make the decision to go.

Posted using my sexy sleek Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2947
    What "info flying around" is that exactly?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    05-01-14 03:12 AM
    That's what I thought.
    05-04-14 11:30 PM
    I can just see it on Android Central "Guys, help me transfer stuff from my BB to an iPhone"...

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 06:09 AM