Just an FYI to everyone, but those of you with Verizon iPhones should have gotten a prompt about a Carrier update earlier in the week. I've tested the before and after affects with various ViPhone owners I know and the speeds for 3G appear to have been bumped up to about 1.2Mbps down and 768kbps up. That's about double what it was before when the phone launched. The Carrier version number is available in Settings under General/About. New version is 10.1 and the old was 9.x. If you answered No to the updates, you can trigger it again by going into the About screen.
    03-11-11 12:16 AM
    I updated too over the weekend. What sucks is that I'm doing more of the speed test
    and realizing that my data speed isn't that good overall. Even in some full bar areas.
    Thankfully I mostly use WiFi when not under data coverage.
    03-11-11 01:09 PM
    Maybe it's your area, but my speeds improved. That was the only change when I noticed it and after testing before and immediately after update with other phones, it seemed that it was the update that bumped up the speeds somehow.
    03-11-11 02:21 PM
    Maybe it's your area, but my speeds improved. That was the only change when I noticed it and after testing before and immediately after update with other phones, it seemed that it was the update that bumped up the speeds somehow.
    To be fair I never really tested it before. Only a couple of times. But in about
    3 different areas so far, I'm not even getting 1mbps in download. I mean, my
    data works fine. I don't get re-buffering, stalls and things of that nature. But
    the download speeds really have sucked.
    03-11-11 03:18 PM
    I get like 5Mbps down on AT&T, what's it like to be sloooowwwww??
    03-11-11 07:06 PM
    It's cool. I'm just happy that I don't get all the interruption that I was getting on ATT.
    03-11-11 07:53 PM
    Pretty good actually because when I need to download large files I'm on WIFI and when I'm on cellular, my pages come up fine. And the cool part.... Was in the office today and someone with an AT&T iPhone could not make ANY outgoing calls. I felt kind of bad walking around them talking on mine... not really, I made a few calls just to be a beyotch. Lol
    03-11-11 11:13 PM
    Just an FYI to everyone, but those of you with Verizon iPhones should have gotten a prompt about a Carrier update earlier in the week. I've tested the before and after affects with various ViPhone owners I know and the speeds for 3G appear to have been bumped up to about 1.2Mbps down and 768kbps up. That's about double what it was before when the phone launched. The Carrier version number is available in Settings under General/About. New version is 10.1 and the old was 9.x. If you answered No to the updates, you can trigger it again by going into the About screen.
    How will this effect the jailbroken IP4 , with this update ? I said no, cause of not being sure....
    03-16-11 11:40 AM
    Better. AT&T in my area didn't allow me to use my iPhone. Dropped call after dropped call gets old, no matter how fast the network is.
    03-16-11 01:37 PM
    I'm getting 3.5-4 MBPS with full coverage. 0.5-0.75 with 3 bars (at home) but I have wifi which according to speedtest.net is outputting 21mbps.
    03-16-11 04:12 PM
    3.4-4Mbps? That is awesome for VZW.
    03-16-11 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD