This is the first time I did this, I have a password lock on my iPhone.

Saw a missed call on the lock screen. I usually unlock the device and call back, but this time I tried something different. While on the lock screen I slid the missed call icon to the right (as is possible with emails, text messages, etc.) and the iPhone immediately called the missed number back. With any type of message if I slide the individual icon it requires me to enter my password before accessing the message. Should this be normal? I would think that for security purposes if I have my iPhone password protected I would have to enter the password before being able to dial a number back.

If someone (other than yourself) grabs a hold of your iPhone they can at the least call back any missed calls. Security flaw?

Anyone here able to comment on this?
    12-12-12 12:52 PM
    This is the first time I did this, I have a password lock on my iPhone.

Saw a missed call on the lock screen. I usually unlock the device and call back, but this time I tried something different. While on the lock screen I slid the missed call icon to the right (as is possible with emails, text messages, etc.) and the iPhone immediately called the missed number back. With any type of message if I slide the individual icon it requires me to enter my password before accessing the message. Should this be normal? I would think that for security purposes if I have my iPhone password protected I would have to enter the password before being able to dial a number back.

If someone (other than yourself) grabs a hold of your iPhone they can at the least call back any missed calls. Security flaw?

Anyone here able to comment on this?
    A few times I miss a call and then I slide the missed call after that it calls back that's for iOS 6.0.1 therefore it's not a glitch.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    12-12-12 12:58 PM
    Just because it's repeatable does not mean it's not a glitch.

I see where the OP is coming from. Only Emergency Calls should be made when a phone is locked.
    anon(2353369) likes this.
    12-12-12 12:59 PM
    If not a glitch I'm taking the OP sees it as a fault.
    12-12-12 01:12 PM
    Just because it's repeatable does not mean it's not a glitch.

I see where the OP is coming from. Only Emergency Calls should be made when a phone is locked.
    That's so true AVPTI.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    12-12-12 01:13 PM
    Its not a glitch, its common sense. If you lose your phone you can call it. If someone finds the device they can swipe and call you back, but that's all they can do.
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-13-12 06:01 AM
    Its not a glitch, its common sense. If you lose your phone you can call it. If someone finds the device they can swipe and call you back, but that's all they can do.
    No, no good. I don't want a stranger to call back any missed call that appears on the lock screen. Apple and the carriers should get together where only the rightful owner of the device would call it and if the call is missed, only that number be able to be called back without needing to enter a password.

Maybe something that Apple and the carriers can do is that the owner could call the device and enter a special code/digits that were setup and the device would allow only that number (the owner trying to call the stolen/lost) to be dialed back without need to unlock the device.

That I believe makes sense and a more secure device.
    12-13-12 10:35 AM
    I'm happy with the way it is. I could care less if they call back a missed call because chances are the person calling knows me and will be able to facilitate my phones return. No offence but I'm glad Apple don't blindly listen to guys on the internet.

No, no good. I don't want a stranger to call back any missed call that appears on the lock screen. Apple and the carriers should get together where only the rightful owner of the device would call it and if the call is missed, only that number be able to be called back without needing to enter a password.

Maybe something that Apple and the carriers can do is that the owner could call the device and enter a special code/digits that were setup and the device would allow only that number (the owner trying to call the stolen/lost) to be dialed back without need to unlock the device.

That I believe makes sense and a more secure device.
    12-14-12 06:57 AM