Saw this on iMore.

While I know it's not exactly using gestures like the Playbook does, it does seem like a start to Apple copying the use of the bezel.

iPad mini has advanced software to detect unintended touches around the screens bezel | iMore.com

iPad mini is small. But when you use it, it doesn�t feel small. That�s because it�s designed to give you the maximum amount of screen in the minimum amount of space. To achieve that, we had to rethink the relationship between the screen and the overall shape of the product. iPad has symmetrical bezels around all of its edges. But for iPad mini, we reduced the width of the bezels on two sides of the display. So although the screen is smaller, it�s even more prominent. Rethinking the screen meant we also had to rethink the software behind it. iPad mini intelligently recognizes whether your thumb is simply resting on the display or whether you�re intentionally interacting with it. It�s the kind of detail you�ll notice � by not noticing it. And it�s a great example of how Apple hardware and software work together to give you the best experience possible.
    10-24-12 01:13 PM
    Don't you mean are they copying Palm's bezel gestures? No, they're not.
    mikeo007, richardat and brucep1 like this.
    10-24-12 01:18 PM
    I just find it sickening that they think they were the one's who invented all these cool ideas. It's not about whether you copy or don't copy another product (or take ideas from another product)...it's about not being so arrogant to say that it was you're brilliant idea that came up with it.

I hate to say this because it's become so cliche, but this is typical Apple.
    10-24-12 01:45 PM
    I just find it sickening that they think they were the one's who invented all these cool ideas. It's not about whether you copy or don't copy another product (or take ideas from another product)...it's about not being so arrogant to say that it was you're brilliant idea that came up with it.

Did you read the article or even the first post, or are you replying based solely on the thread title? They aren't copying gestures at all. They aren't even copying the use of the bezel, this is about eliminating the bezel in order to maximize screen size while keeping the hardware as small as possible.
    richardat likes this.
    10-24-12 02:28 PM

LOL. You're sickened for no reason. There are no bezel gestures on the iPad.

Sent from my 4s
    10-24-12 03:03 PM
    LOL. You're sickened for no reason. There are no bezel gestures on the iPad.

Sent from my 4s
    No no there are bezel gestures.
    (Shhh let's see where this goes)
    10-24-12 03:22 PM
    No, I read the post. I should have clarified that I was responding based on what was written by the guy from Apple as opposed to what the OP said. I don't see the bezel gestures as being copied, I just get annoyed at the whole Apple mentality that they invent eveything and it's the best thing since sliced bread.
    10-24-12 05:13 PM
    No, I read the post. I should have clarified that I was responding based on what was written by the guy from Apple as opposed to what the OP said. I don't see the bezel gestures as being copied, I just get annoyed at the whole Apple mentality that they invent eveything and it's the best thing since sliced bread.
    Corporate copy is indeed the most biased (forum fanboys aside), but if you were responding to what he said, what did he say that made you think "they were the one's who invented all these cool ideas". I didnt' see him say anything about being the first, he certainly made it sound like this was the result of their own thinking (haha, of course no spokeperson ever says, yes, our design is that we decided to copy ______ )....do you feel they copied if from somebody? Who?
    10-24-12 05:52 PM
    Hi, playbook gestures and cards came from Palm/ HP webOS, phones and Touchpad, BlackBerry Rightly used some and added more, shame
    You can not stack them, ( have been Playbook owner from day one,) it is my first choice to take with me, I have Touchpad and phones,
    There is no tablet I would replace it with on sale at the present, the new BB10 phones I have seen videos of it and it looks like
    Nokia N9 Meego and webOS features, I have N9 phone, once again use the best of both if Nokia and HP gave them up, BlackBerry could have a winner,
    If build quality is good and they release it soon I will buy one, due out January, then March ?, time is running out customers will only wait so long.
    So if Apple do use gestures and copy?, so what , PlayBook is better it supports flash player.
    10-24-12 06:05 PM
    No no there are bezel gestures.
    (Shhh let's see where this goes)
    To the Apple forum where it should have been from the beginning!
    howarmat and Prince_Poppycock like this.
    10-24-12 06:20 PM
    No. Apple invented everything, including invention itself and this post.
    10-24-12 06:36 PM