Question for any iphone guru's who use outlook.

I'm wondering about the "folders" that you have on the left side of your computer in Outlook. Ya know, it's got Inbox, Junk Mail, Outbox, Deleted Items, Drafts, etc... and THEN the ability to add your own personal folders. On the Blackberry on the BES, which I'm on, those personal folders I make (clients names) show up on my blackberry and when I file an email into one of those folders on my computer, it automatically syncs to my blackberry. I was wondering if the iphone did that. If it does, I'm a lock to get one.

Thanks all.
    04-09-10 09:21 AM
    Is you're using Outlook & Exchange, ALL your folders in Outlook WILL show on your iPhone...

Proven and tested

PS: if you're getting an iPhone to then use with work email, i.e. Exchange, make sure your company server is set to support iPhone Exchange. Check with I.T.
    04-09-10 10:09 AM
    Awesome! So, does the iphone actually use the BES somehow, even though it's not a blackberry? I guess I'm asking if my iphone will become part of my works BES? Just trying to learn a little something here... Thanks so much.
    04-09-10 12:24 PM
    Not, the iPhone doesn't use BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server), it has the option to use Microsoft Exchange...
    04-09-10 02:09 PM
    If you’re using Outlook & exchange, is the iPhone inbox like BB in that you can configure the message folder to see inbox/sent/filed messages in one folder in addition to being able to view the individual email folders?

This becomes important if you’re using server side rules with a large number of folders. BB makes it easy to catch all emails since all messages are visible in one location. If you have to check each folder individually for new messages on an iPhone, this becomes unusable.
    04-10-10 03:38 PM
    When using Outlook & Exchange, you can choose all the respective folders you want to\don't want to see...

If you�re using Outlook & exchange, is the iPhone inbox like BB in that you can configure the message folder to see inbox/sent/filed messages in one folder in addition to being able to view the individual email folders?

This becomes important if you�re using server side rules with a large number of folders. BB makes it easy to catch all emails since all messages are visible in one location. If you have to check each folder individually for new messages on an iPhone, this becomes unusable.
    04-11-10 02:05 PM
    I get that you can see individual folders. Is there the equivalent of the BB message box that combines the inbox, sent mail, and messages "filed" in folders......as in one place to view all sent/received email?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-10 03:42 PM
    Another question in regards to the iPhone and exchange/active sync email naviculture: When Sprint gets teh iPhone later this year, I'm going to seriously consider switching from my Tour as well. I have a BES with my business and all of my employees are also on BB. Our IT supports IPhone w/Active Sync, but is the email "pushed" immediately like the BB? Many thanks in advance.
    04-12-10 06:30 PM
    dh321: if using Exchange, yes, PUSH, i.e. instant, is an option. Alternatively you can set it to 15 minutes, etc, etc...
    04-13-10 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD