With the release of iOS 5 I think I've heard we now have OTA updates. What does this mean for me? I've only updated my phone from iOS 4 to iOS 5 (with a cable attached to my computer and with iTunes). Will this only help me with the next big update since apple only has updates about once a year (just a rough estimate by me) or is there something else I too look forward to?
    11-03-11 01:34 AM
    Pretty sure any OTAs are in the future once you have IOS5.
    11-03-11 08:05 AM
    Apple doesn't have updates only once a year. Yes, their major OS upgrades (From 3 to 4 to 5) are done once a year, but they do improve their current OS continuously throughout the year. In a few weeks they'll be releasing 5.1 to fix some bugs, most notably those causing poor battery life. You will be able to download this update over the air and then install it all without ever having to plug your phone into a computer.
    11-03-11 09:29 AM
    I just received my notification from Apple for the 5.0.1 update, downloaded it OTA. Whole process took about 6 minutes.
    foxpat220022 likes this.
    11-10-11 04:29 PM
    I just received my notification from Apple for the 5.0.1 update, downloaded it OTA. Whole process took about 6 minutes.
    Did you see any changes?
    11-10-11 07:19 PM
    Did you see any changes?
    I haven't as of yet. I'll know more tomorrow at work when I'm on it all day. I'm anxious to see if there's any noticeable improvement regarding the battery. It was fine on 5.0.0, but hey, if it will improve just 10%, it's worth it.
    11-10-11 08:38 PM
    I didn't get an notification. I wonder if my hotmail didn't allow it to come through. Still... Update was fast and smooth. Loved not having to go through iTunes and that hassle.
    pilsbury likes this.
    11-10-11 10:47 PM
    Updated 6 iOS devices in my home in a little over 30 minutes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-11 06:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD