iPad mini is real, thin as an iPod Touch, reports say | Fox News

If Apple releases the 7" mini iPad before Christmas at less than $300, RIM will loose bigtime on BB10 for PB as many will not wait until 2013 for something 'unknown' when they know what will get in iOS, doesn't matter how good BB10 is suppose to be.
    07-16-12 10:53 PM
    Frankly, Rim's timing has not been good for ages. The lateness of bb10 for phones or pb's has not changed that problem. And I'm not sure who's waiting any way other than those of us who already have a pb. But with the way apple sells and MARKETS, rim has not really been in competition - they have their own niche and it probably won't emerge from that niche anytime soon.
    07-16-12 11:08 PM
    As it is important what the competition does... but for RIM they need to lauch something truely wonderful.... Should be interesting how Apple justifies a 7in tablet after constantly saying the 7in tablet was not a usuable size and would not sell one....
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-16-12 11:15 PM
    As it is important what the competition does... but for RIM they need to lauch something truely wonderful.... Should be interesting how Apple justifies a 7in tablet after constantly saying the 7in tablet was not a usuable size and would not sell one....
    I guess they'll justify it by selling more iPad minis in the first quarter of release than the PlayBook has sold to date.
    07-17-12 04:21 AM
    Simple. "as it turns out some people are interested in a smaller tablet and want it to be done right, we think we've cracked it and have the first usable 7 inch tablet on the market".
    07-17-12 07:49 AM
    I guess they'll justify it by selling more iPad minis in the first quarter of release than the PlayBook has sold to date.
    1st quarter? I say in one week.
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    07-17-12 09:06 AM
    1st quarter? I say in one week.
    Yeah, for Apple I think anything less than a million units in week 1 would be considered a misstep.

Especially as well as the Nexus 7 appears to be doing in its first week.
    07-17-12 09:25 AM
    yawn . . . . .
    07-17-12 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD