Well like I said in a thread I created after iOS 6 launched, Scott Forstall is responsible for iOS, including Apple Maps. Don't feel too bad because he will retire a multi-millionare. Goes to show though, no matter who you are you can't rub Apple the wrong way.

Apple announces that Scott Forstall, John Browett are leaving the company | PhoneDog
    10-30-12 10:37 AM
    The WSJ is saying it's because he refused to sign an apology letter over the iMaps fiasco. He was a true proteg� of Jobs, I guess.
    10-30-12 11:07 AM
    Well he is responsible for iOS and he was on stage talking about the greatness of Apple Maps. Then a subpar product was released in the eyes of most. Maps definitely doesn't meet the quality and standards of Apple that's for sure. Then his boss and CEO has to apologize and tell customers to download and use competing products. Not good for Forstall.
    10-30-12 11:36 AM
    I like that he was "pushed" out the door.There's no room for mistakes when your dealing with consumers as fickle as mobile phone users. Kudos to them for making the tough decisions without delay.
    10-30-12 01:16 PM
    I wonder how much of this just has to do with iOS making marginal improvements while other OS'es are moving ahead.

Someone like this could pretty much impede drastic changes that might be needed.

Perhaps the easiest way to start to overhaul iOS is get rid of the person that would be most resistant to making large changes.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-31-12 01:55 AM
    I wonder how much of this just has to do with iOS making marginal improvements while other OS'es are moving ahead.

Someone like this could pretty much impede drastic changes that might be needed.

Perhaps the easiest way to start to overhaul iOS is get rid of the person that would be most resistant to making large changes.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Apple is totally playing it safe right now. Their stagnant iOS is still making tons of money from the same type of people who do not compare HDTV specs to make informed purchases (which appears to be the majority or people). From a profit standpoint that looks like a wise move. BUT... you can't do that forever. When the competition charges too far ahead of you with innovation while you're playing it safe in the present, sooner or later your empire will crumble. Apple is either going to need to step it up soon, or get themselves ready for history to repeat itself...

like this
    11-04-12 08:44 PM