I believe you. I don't really think that browser speed is a good gauge though because there are so many different variables in play when it comes to web page rendering...as there also are in streaming media content apps...however, I do think that is a better gauge of network performance and my experience with similar devices using both networks had a better experience with Verizon...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 05:24 PM
    Well without getting the whole vzw/att debate going ... i left vzw cuz it took 3 days to put 12 apps in a storm2 lol
    06-27-10 05:28 PM
    I work for AT&T. I'm aware. I didn't think I needed to write a novel to explain what we all know.
    Please forgive me Totalimmortal. When I read your post I didn't realize that you worked for AT&T. And when you stated that "VZW was allowing customers to upgrade early to android devices? BECAUSE THEY WANT TO SELL DEVICES", I really thought you believed this. I had no way of knowing that you knew that it was really an effort to try and keep customers and renew contracts, not to sell devices.
    06-27-10 05:47 PM
    I had AT&T for a month last year because I was sucked into the hype of the iPhone 3G. The phone and service were both great but I was 17 and paying bills sucked without a job. Said screw it and returned the phone/went back to T-Mobile family plan.

Now I've been with Verizon for five months with my Droid and don't see a difference in service. Just like AT&T, data speeds are fast but it's really hard to determine which is faster but really, who cares? They're both fast anyway.

Getting back on topic, I like the iPhone but I also like Android so it really doesn't matter to me whether Verizon gets the iPhone or not. I'm okay with either platform. Android has really come a long way. A friend of mine has a G1 and the difference between it and my Droid is substantial. I wonder how much more advanced Android will be next year.
    Last edited by dwe28; 06-27-10 at 06:01 PM.
    06-27-10 05:57 PM
    I had AT&T for a month last year because I was sucked into the hype of the iPhone 3G. The phone and service were both great but I was 17 and paying bills sucked without a job and relying on weekly allowance. Said screw it and returned the phone/went back to T-Mobile family plan.

Now I've been with Verizon for five months with my Droid and don't see a difference in service. Just like AT&T, data speeds are fast but it's really hard to determine which is faster but really, who cares? They're both fast anyway.

Getting back on topic, I like the iPhone but I also like Android so it really doesn't matter to me whether Verizon gets the iPhone or not. I'm okay with either platform.

Now this is a decent post from someone from the other side of the force lol other people should take notice from the other side that peeps don't need to come here just to bash... See I'm glad you like both platforms and don't care...

That's cool...

I admit I'm an Apple fanboy.. but I'm not here to bash or be a troll... just give my honest advice and experience when it comes to carriers and smartphones.. cuz i've used or played with them all almost lol
    06-27-10 06:02 PM
    Doesn't matter to me since I would never go to at&t since they put a cap on data plans. Who is the number 1 carrier in the U.S. anyway?
    Don't be surprised if VZW and TMO follow suit.
    Exactly what will happen. They are all in collusion with eachother as they
    have been for years.
    06-27-10 06:45 PM
    Just an FYI Verizon has been putting on trainings on the AT&T data plans -- and from what I know has no plans to change their 3g data plans to copy AT&T.
    06-27-10 07:04 PM
    I would be shocked if every major carrier didn't have tiered data by the end of the year

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 07:06 PM
    I don't think Verizon will have tiered 3G data plans.. when they switch to LTE they will most likely switch.

I could be completely wrong though.
    06-27-10 07:09 PM
    Verizon is planning on tiered data plans for LTE.
    06-27-10 07:39 PM
    06-27-10 07:44 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD