I'm more curious than anything else.

Does anyone use Newsstand? And if so, for what types of books, newspaper, etc.?
    03-05-12 06:17 AM
    I don't. It's always by itself on the last page of apps. I've got 3 full pages of apps, so it's on a page all alone on page 4.
    03-05-12 09:08 AM
    My grilfriend does on her iPad - for the UK paper called "i". It's kind of a cut down version of The Independent, and perfect for her iPad screen. Works well, but the app does crash a little too frequently for her patience (not to excess, but it does).

There's something similar on the PlayBook called Press Reader, which I would never have even glanced at without knowing how good the NewsStand experience was.
    03-05-12 10:18 AM
    I've got one freebie on it - 'Distro' from Engadget, just to have something there - as you can't delete the stupid thing and you can't (easily) slip it into a folder out of the way.

It really should simply be a part of the iBooks app (like newspapers and magazines are in the Kobo Reader app), while Apple has pretty much buried paid subscription manipulation to make it awkward to cancel / change these.
    03-05-12 01:53 PM
    It really should simply be a part of the iBooks app (like newspapers and magazines are in the Kobo Reader app)
    Absolutely, they should just merge them together. I banished Newsstand to the last page of apps since you can't turn it off. I don't get why I can turn off iTunes and not show the icon but can't do the same with Newsstand.
    03-05-12 04:51 PM
    Never used it and like you guys, the app is on the last page.

Good Luck
    03-05-12 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD