Ping just uses a "PIN" kind of like BBM without them knowing much about you. I dont see the point though, if Im going to invite someone to the app to chat Ill know them anyways. Whatsapp is nice because you dont have to remember someones PIN on any of that junk, it just auto-adds them to your list when they sign up if theyre in your contacts list. More streamlined a process not having to ask for PINs etc.

Either way, the more apps that come out the more useless the concept gets. Its just going to split people between the apps (plus more to come) with no continuity like BBM, one standard for all. Its going to end up segmented like the different messenger services (without cross-utilization though)
    09-27-09 04:03 PM
    Ping just uses a "PIN" kind of like BBM without them knowing much about you. I dont see the point though, if Im going to invite someone to the app to chat Ill know them anyways. Whatsapp is nice because you dont have to remember someones PIN on any of that junk, it just auto-adds them to your list when they sign up if theyre in your contacts list. More streamlined a process not having to ask for PINs etc.

Either way, the more apps that come out the more useless the concept gets. Its just going to split people between the apps (plus more to come) with no continuity like BBM, one standard for all. Its going to end up segmented like the different messenger services (without cross-utilization though)
    You are right. I hadn't looked at it like that. If there are multiple messengers between iPhones, it will be complicated getting all of your contacts on the same one. It sounds like a good app anyway. Thanks for answering my question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-09 06:27 PM
    Do both ping and whatsapp have push notification? I think that having a BBM like messenger would put me over the hump and I would be looking for an iphone for sure
    10-09-09 03:56 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD