I am a new iPhone member, switching from the blackberry bold. I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised. I have been able to set up everything without problems and the phone has been everything I hoped and more. I am actually shocked that I was able to pick up the typing so quickly. I was worried that this was the one area that I would miss my blackberry the most, but it really took no time at all to get accustomed to the virtual keypad. I really like it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 04:45 AM
    its quite an easy phone to pick up. I'm still hit or miss with the typing. not because of my accuracy but because sometimes my finger slips to the next letter and catches it. congrats though and don't hesitate to ask with questions
    09-19-09 08:28 AM
    Congrats on getting the iPhone. Typing isn't as bad as some non iPhone users make it out to be (best touchscreen keyboard in the game). Like spawn said, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

09-19-09 08:46 AM
    Congrats on the new phone. I am trying to decide right now....Get the iphone or wait for the storm 2....my patience is very thin...if the storm 2 does not have the kind of web browsing the iphone has its a no brainer for me....
    09-19-09 12:19 PM
    Congrats on the new phone. I am trying to decide right now....Get the iphone or wait for the storm 2....my patience is very thin...if the storm 2 does not have the kind of web browsing the iphone has its a no brainer for me....
    Pretty sure the browsing is going to suck just like every other BB. Might have to wait till next summer when they finally catch up with times and have a Webkit browser.
    09-19-09 12:42 PM
    The iPhone Safari browser is just ahead of the game. The Storm 2 and the iphone will both have its positive and negatives.
    09-19-09 12:45 PM
    Congrats on getting the iPhone. Typing isn't as bad as some non iPhone users make it out to be (best touchscreen keyboard in the game). Like spawn said, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks on the welcome. I'm o. Day two with the iPhone and loving it more Jan I did yesterday. If I knew that it would be like this I would have gotten an iPhone a long time ago. Every negative review I have read is dead wrong. I stayed with blackberry for the last three years thinking the iPhone is a toy. Boy was I wrong. If it's a toy then it's one amazing toy! I actuAlly type faster now than I have wet typed on my blackberru and I'm only on day two.

09-19-09 01:00 PM
    Thanks on the welcome. I'm o. Day two with the iPhone and loving it more Jan I did yesterday. If I knew that it would be like this I would have gotten an iPhone a long time ago. Every negative review I have read is dead wrong. I stayed with blackberry for the last three years thinking the iPhone is a toy. Boy was I wrong. If it's a toy then it's one amazing toy! I actuAlly type faster now than I have wet typed on my blackberru and I'm only on day two.

That's good to hear man. Most people hate on the iPhone without ever using it. I'm happy everything is working out for you.
    09-19-09 01:11 PM

Judging from the amount of typos on your post I'd suggest, more haste less speed

09-19-09 01:17 PM
    Most people hate on the iPhone without ever using it. I'm happy everything is working out for you.
    Agreed, Id say more liek 90% havent ever used one or not more than 5 min tops.

Get the iphone or wait for the storm 2....my patience is very thin...if the storm 2 does not have the kind of web browsing the iphone has its a no brainer for me....
    And just look at the 3GS and Storm 2. Spec-wise I see nothing gained getting the Storm 2. Same 3.2 autofocus camera, capacitive touchscreen, Storm slightly smaller screen size, Storm is MUCH thicker in size. Similar hardware overall.

the iphone OS is LIGHT YEARS ahead of BB OS. Same the with number of apps and quality of the actual apps.

Safari is unmatched ni web browsing, and RIM phone wont even start to see a webkit browser until Summer 2010, so thats alomst a year off still. The Storm 2 will be the same current Blackberry browser.

I see no reasons to not get an iphone over a Storm unless you need a Blackberry for your work. iphone just has so many small advantages that add up in the end.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 09-19-09 at 01:45 PM.
    09-19-09 01:43 PM
    Agreed, Id say more liek 90% havent ever used one or not more than 5 min tops.

And just look at the 3GS and Storm 2. Spec-wise I see nothing gained getting the Storm 2. Same 3.2 autofocus camera, capacitive touchscreen, Storm slightly smaller screen size, Storm is MUCH thicker in size. Similar hardware overall.

the iphone OS is LIGHT YEARS ahead of BB OS. Same the with number of apps and quality of the actual apps.

Safari is unmatched ni web browsing, and RIM phone wont even start to see a webkit browser until Summer 2010, so thats alomst a year off still. The Storm 2 will be the same current Blackberry browser.

I see no reasons to not get an iphone over a Storm unless you need a Blackberry for your work. iphone just has so many small advantages that add up in the end.
    First off I'm not posting this as a put down but as a constructive post from my point of view. I owned an iphone 3G from when there were release in June 08 and it lasted me 6 months.

There's no doubt the iPhone is an amazing phone, totally changed the touch screen phone market completely, nothing came close and was totally revolutionary. I thought it was the bees knees as I came from a Nokia N95 to the iPhone and it was like night and day, such the improvement was with the iPhone.

3 months down the line, jailbroke it, customised it, downloaded all the apps I could get my mits on and loaded it with ring tones. Then there I was left wondering what now?? I struggled with the typing, spent more time correcting messages than actually typing them. The apps I had never got used apart from some solitaire card game I had. The longer I owned the iPhone and learned it the more I learned to hate its misgivings, mainly only sending 1 picture per email, let alone trying to send a zip/file/mp3/exe file, I was limited to emailing photos I had taken with the phones camera. Sharing became a pain, I wanted a phone that was free without restrictions, where I can download a file from the web and save it on my memory and do with it as I please.

6 months later after I had got over all the glamour flashy apps, streetview on google maps, flick scrolling, smooth gui, I just knew the phone was and still is lacking in so many ways. Even the 3GS update has only altered the essentials the original iPhone should have come with. But for all the 3GS additions there are still major omissions left out by apple. Whether Apple sees these things as too 'complicated' for the mainstream market I just don't know, but by leaving these simple features out on the phone they do shepherd themselves into a 'toy' market with their key demographic being an easily persuaded, be told what and how to do things kind of person who wants things basic and simple.

All I can say to the OP is it would be interesting to hear from you in 3 or 4 months time from now to see what you think and to see if you miss the freedom of your blackberry.

09-19-09 02:21 PM
    I loved my iPhone when it first came out. I have both the 2g and 3g version. The typing on it is simple - I find it a lot better then my storm and the Nokia N97 for writing texts and emails. The only real gripe I had with my iphone was the battery life.

09-19-09 03:54 PM
    Lol congrats on your Iphone I actually switched from Iphone to the Bold and don't regret it one bit! Hope you enjoy
    09-19-09 03:59 PM
    . The longer I owned the iPhone and learned it the more I learned to hate its misgivings, mainly only sending 1 picture per email, let alone trying to send a zip/file/mp3/exe file, I was limited to emailing photos I had taken with the phones camera. Sharing became a pain, I wanted a phone that was free without restrictions, where I can download a file from the web and save it on my memory and do with it as I please.
    There's a solution for all of those, at least now, in Cydia.

Cydia really does make the phone as open as any platform out there.
    09-19-09 04:10 PM
    quick question for wife .. any one know what up with browsing speed .. ?? it take twice as long as is does on my bb ??
    09-19-09 07:04 PM
    quick question for wife .. any one know what up with browsing speed .. ?? it take twice as long as is does on my bb ??
    BB native browser or Opra/Bolt? If native browser than she might want to restore or something. That's way too slow. If you are comparing it to Bolt or Opra, well then that's cheating.
    09-19-09 07:34 PM

I was thinking about the same thing you are on the Storm 2, but i just got my 3GS last week and the phone blows BB away on most everything. I had a BB with sprint/nextel and now am glad i got the iPhone. There are only a couple of things i miss about my BB, but the iPhone makes up on everything else it can do. I would try a 3GS for the 30 day period and if you don't like it, cancel, but i think you will like the phone.
    09-19-09 10:11 PM
    I was thinking about the same thing you are on the Storm 2, but i just got my 3GS last week and the phone blows BB away on most everything. I had a BB with sprint/nextel and now am glad i got the iPhone. There are only a couple of things i miss about my BB, but the iPhone makes up on everything else it can do. I would try a 3GS for the 30 day period and if you don't like it, cancel, but i think you will like the phone.
    Thanks to all who responded regarding web browsing...I kinda feel bad because I'm not the OP here...lol...I'm gonna try it out for thirty days soon, I'm going to Hawaii and this will be a good test for me and the phone. I'm going to visit a VZW store and try out a storm I know it's not the 2 but its as close as possible right now
    09-20-09 12:12 AM
    There are only a couple of things i miss about my BB, but the iPhone makes up on everything else it can do. I would try a 3GS for the 30 day period and if you don't like it, cancel, but i think you will like the phone.
    What do you miss on the BB?
    09-20-09 12:14 AM
    What do you miss on the BB?
    The fact that i could push my work email to my phone. I can't get it setup on the iPhone, cause the email is secure. But that really doesn't matter to me. The iPhone is just awesome. The web is fast and alot better to view pages and all the apps for the phone is more then i could ever use.
    09-20-09 12:29 PM
    The one thing that o sort of miss is the BBM. I used to keep up communication with my wife through it but now I can't. So we message through yahoo, so it's not a total lost.

09-21-09 02:46 PM
    try whatsapp its free iphone to iphone kind of BBM-ish with push notifications. Works really well
    09-21-09 04:20 PM
    Once this app gets out, it will be killer. So 'tell a friend' iphone and BB users. Installed and loving it so far.
    09-23-09 08:26 PM
    try whatsapp its free iphone to iphone kind of BBM-ish with push notifications. Works really well
    Thanks for recommending. Newbie here (2 hours) and I missed BBM also.
    09-25-09 08:24 PM
    I heard that there was another iPhone messenger called Ping. How are the two different? Which is better?

09-27-09 02:48 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD