Hello, I work for a company that has not approved the iphone/microsoft exchange integration. However, they do allow me to VPN in to the network via the phone. I am able to check mail via our webmail application, but it's a web client and frankly sucks. Was wondering if anyone knows a way to do some sort of "hack" that the iphone could view the mail received over VPN in the native mail client? I can do this via laptop today, of course, i'm using Outlook on the laptop (standard at work). Wondering if there was anything I could do to make the iphone piece more straightforward (native mail). Thanks for the responses
    08-18-09 12:16 PM
    Why would a company sand bag this feature? Talk about a productivity killer... Here they are thinking they'll stop you from using the iPhone by disabling ActiveSync on the Exchange side and all that has you doing is jumping through hoops, killing time, figuring out how to make it work.

Do you work for Verizon or what?
    08-18-09 03:50 PM
    LOL, don't work for Verizon, but that would make sense... still would like to invest my own time into jumping through hoops, etc. to make this work. It's the only way I get to get an iphone!
    08-18-09 04:06 PM
    Does your company support IMAP or POP at all?
    08-18-09 04:50 PM
    Nope - can only receive mail via exchange or webmail client
    08-19-09 07:32 AM
    I am afraid you're stuck... Of course one alternative would be to set up an exchange rule to forward your messages to a different account (like gmail, yahoo, etc...) when received. Then set this account up on your iPhone and wait for your company to come to its senses.
    08-19-09 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD