i got an iPad 2 Christmases ago.

it was OK when i first had it, but the battery life fell far short of the advertised time. after speaking with several "geniuses", they reloaded my OS, and it seemsed to be better.

since updating to iOS 5, the thing has been a complete piece of garbage. iCloud has never once connected and worked, and now it has this issue where an entire row of icons all pile on top of each other in the upper left hand corner and lock up the entire device.

this has been the biggest piece of crap i've ever used and the 6 iPod Touches we had to go through to get one that was properly displaying video really turned me off to CrApple products.

01-10-12 09:38 AM
    Statistics are for sheep

01-10-12 09:39 AM
    Question : A 3yo kid with - on a daily basis - a phone in hands ?
    Right, this was not a question ... sry.
    -> I'm already out .. don't kick
    I don't recall mentioning it was "on a daily basis". But there are instances when it does come in handy to let him entertain himself when we want to do "grown up" activities
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-10-12 09:42 AM
    iTunes is the ugliest interface I have ever seen. Forget for a minute just how difficult it is to use (I have given up), but it is just so ugly! In the 21st century?
    Good point. The BlackBerry interface is much more modern, with the physical keyboard and the mini trackpad.
    01-10-12 09:45 AM
    I don't recall mentioning it was "on a daily basis". But there are instances when it does come in handy to let him entertain himself when we want to do "grown up" activities
    I question the wisdom of letting 3-year-olds entertain themselves with an $800 device. And yes, I know someone whose weeks-old iPhone 4S ended up in the toilet from exactly that. But hey, it's not my money. Or my 3-year-old.
    01-10-12 09:52 AM
    Get a dog. Or better yet. . .

5 Best Toys of All Time
    Last edited by Economist101; 01-10-12 at 09:59 AM.
    Rickroller likes this.
    01-10-12 09:56 AM
    Good point. The BlackBerry interface is much more modern, with the physical keyboard and the mini trackpad.
    Doesn't have to be modern to work better. For some of us, anyway. Would not trade my antiquated 9900 for any bleeding-edge techno-wonder out there. No interest in what's out now or what CES says is coming. But my wife has an iPhone 4S and loves it. At least she can cook.
    01-10-12 09:59 AM
    My nieces fight over my iPhone because I have Skee-ball and Duck Hunt (The old Nintendo game with the dog that laughs if you miss the duck) and they love to play when I come over. My sister has the same apps on her iPhone but I think it's special because it's their aunt's phone and not their mother's. They also love playing Brick Breaker on my S2. My oldest niece is 7 and is quite good actually.

I question the wisdom of letting 3-year-olds entertain themselves with an $800 device. And yes, I know someone whose weeks-old iPhone 4S ended up in the toilet from exactly that. But hey, it's not my money. Or my 3-year-old.
    My youngest niece is 4. I never let her out of my sight when she has my phone when she plays Duck Hunt. She just likes shooting birds and gets a kick out of the dog laughing at her. I'm uppity about my phone's safety even in an Otterbox and it's probably a good thing I don't have or want kids.
    01-10-12 10:53 AM
    If posters are starting a my 1 year old can use the iPhone thread then it should be stated that the playbook is even more kid friendly... I would say the swiping OS makes it the most kid friendly tablet on the market
    01-10-12 11:53 AM
    If posters are starting a my 1 year old can use the iPhone thread then it should be stated that the playbook is even more kid friendly... I would say the swiping OS makes it the most kid friendly tablet on the market
    Oh, please tell me you didn't just go there.
    01-10-12 12:04 PM
    i got an iPad 2 Christmases ago.

it was OK when i first had it, but the battery life fell far short of the advertised time. after speaking with several "geniuses", they reloaded my OS, and it seemsed to be better.

since updating to iOS 5, the thing has been a complete piece of garbage. iCloud has never once connected and worked, and now it has this issue where an entire row of icons all pile on top of each other in the upper left hand corner and lock up the entire device.

this has been the biggest piece of crap i've ever used and the 6 iPod Touches we had to go through to get one that was properly displaying video really turned me off to CrApple products.

Click to view quoted image
    Seems like you have a problem with your particular device. Doesn't make all iPads 'crap'.
    01-10-12 12:07 PM
    Yeah... No.... Don't even go there.
    01-10-12 12:32 PM
    Statistics are for sheep
    When you look at this graph and say that, do you mean "This Graph Is Not True" or "This Graph Does Not Matter"???

01-10-12 12:50 PM
    I currently own a Mac Mini running Lion, am I satisfied...yes, would my next desktop be a Windows 8 machine...maybe, if I like it

So statistically, I like my Mac, but it doesn't show that I would buy a Windows 8 product

i.e. people are never 'satisfied'

In a BB fan forum your graphs are at best propaganda
    01-10-12 01:31 PM
    Yeah... No.... Don't even go there.

Go where
    01-10-12 01:31 PM
    I currently own a Mac Mini running Lion, am I satisfied...yes, would my next desktop be a Windows 8 machine...maybe, if I like it

So statistically, I like my Mac, but it doesn't show that I would buy a Windows 8 product

The fun thing is that you could run Windows 8 through your Mac Mini with boot camp.
    01-10-12 01:32 PM

So, the folks who respond "Very Satisfied" are lying, except the RIM users who respond "Very Satisfied"?

This is all so confusing!
    01-10-12 02:14 PM
    To the OP, if your wife can't use an Android phone(or supposedly broke 3 of them) and she cannot operate a iPod touch, maybe a smartphone is not the phone for her. Just my 2 cents.
    claire___ and lssanjose like this.
    01-10-12 05:10 PM
    I have tried all of them...I had a Palm Pre which sucked. I currently own and use a Droid Bionic, Bold 9930 and iPhone 4. I've also tried the Nexus and the Rezound....I returned those both yesterday to Verizon. I just keep going back to my iPhone. I love iOS! It's so easy! So on Friday, I will be ordering myself a 4S 64GB in white!!!
    01-10-12 05:31 PM
    *rolling my eyes*
    02-08-12 10:37 PM
    I'm a little similar to RNCCRN9706. I've owned and used many SmartPhones, and always seem to end up back on my iOS device.

Albeit, I do have a BlackBerry 9900 with me most days

At the end of the day, it is all down to personal preference, and how you use your device day-to-day...
    lssanjose likes this.
    02-09-12 07:59 AM
    I have tried all of them...I had a Palm Pre which sucked. I currently own and use a Droid Bionic, Bold 9930 and iPhone 4. I've also tried the Nexus and the Rezound....I returned those both yesterday to Verizon. I just keep going back to my iPhone. I love iOS! It's so easy! So on Friday, I will be ordering myself a 4S 64GB in white!!!
    That's the problem, it's so easy, it doesn't do what I need it to do. Which is why I still have my S2.
    02-09-12 01:54 PM
    I have an ipod touch 4 generation, and i think it is good to use, i do not know how do you think bad of it. and one of my best friend have an iphone 4, she says the iphone 4 is really a great smart phone.
    02-14-12 05:12 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD