I was like wtf I saw you with an iPhone 4 just about a month or two ago and he said he didn't like Att so he went to Sprint. He said he needed a phone quick and they were out of Evos and Epics. He got the Hero which is a nice phone but not so nice compared to the competition. Imo, I would rather have a 9650 than a Hero. At least the 9650 isn't laggy :/

Just thought I would share this groundbreaking news.
    09-14-10 04:43 PM
    thank you for sharing... now I can continue on with my life.
    09-14-10 05:22 PM
    Why in the heck would you essentially DOWNGRADE to a 1+ year old phone? The specs dont even compare between the 2 devices, the Hero is far far behind the iphone 4 or newer Android devices.

Sounds like the friend has no clue what theyre talking about when it comes to smartphones.
    09-14-10 05:39 PM
    I completely understand this, Im trading my 2009 Silverado for a 1962 Mercury Comet.
    09-14-10 05:54 PM
    Wow, WTF. I had a Sprint Hero once while I was waiting for a Palm Pre. But wow, it was SLOW.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-10 06:51 PM
    He needs to put his name on a waiting list and keep checking with Sprint, Best Buy and Radio Shack within the 30 days so he can take the phone back and get an EVO or Epic. He took a serious downgrade as far as devices are concerned. You don't sign a 2 year contract on a device that outdated.
    09-14-10 07:38 PM
    He already send the rebate so he can't return the phone now. Oh well. He makes over a little over $100,000 a year and lives alone so he can always buy a phone at retail if he wants =]
    09-14-10 08:30 PM
    I agree with all the above comments, he need to be put in the crackberry hall of shame.

09-23-10 08:56 PM
    I agree with all the above comments, he need to be put in the crackberry hall of shame.

Agreed!!!!
    09-23-10 10:00 PM
    He makes over a little over $100,000 a year and lives alone so he can always buy a phone at retail if he wants =]
    1) Who discloses information about how much someone makes? They can probably hunt you down and stalk you until you meet up with your 'friend' then jump the both of you.

2) No one here uses '=]'. Those teenagers on Myspace use it though, im sure!

Anyways.....
    09-23-10 10:32 PM
    i don't see anything wrong with what the OP's neighbor did.
    he changed phones for the "BEST" reason in my book.. carrier..
    i'm sure he did his research and that Sprint is probably stronger in his home/workplace than AT&T..

you know what's funny... people who measure other people with what phones they have...it's like this.. "WE" have iphones.. ergo.. we're better/trendier/cooler than that Blackberry guy..( i think his lastname is Obama)

followed with those who switch from ( your carrier here) to AT&T just for the iphones... and now complaining of dropped calls.. spotty 3G service.. etc etc.
    09-23-10 11:00 PM
    i don't see anything wrong with what the op's neighbor did.
    He changed phones for the "best" reason in my book.. carrier..
    I'm sure he did his research and that sprint is probably stronger in his home/workplace than at&t..

You know what's funny... People who measure other people with what phones they have...it's like this.. "we" have iphones.. Ergo.. We're better/trendier/cooler than that blackberry guy..( i think his lastname is obama)

followed with those who switch from ( your carrier here) to at&t just for the iphones... And now complaining of dropped calls.. Spotty 3g service.. Etc etc.
    here,.........here................................ ...
    09-23-10 11:32 PM
    Yay my phone is awesomez! Too badz there's no signalz soz I can actually do stuff...

09-23-10 11:43 PM
    i don't see anything wrong with what the OP's neighbor did.
    he changed phones for the "BEST" reason in my book.. carrier..
    i'm sure he did his research and that Sprint is probably stronger in his home/workplace than AT&T..

you know what's funny... people who measure other people with what phones they have...it's like this.. "WE" have iphones.. ergo.. we're better/trendier/cooler than that Blackberry guy..( i think his lastname is Obama)

followed with those who switch from ( your carrier here) to AT&T just for the iphones... and now complaining of dropped calls.. spotty 3G service.. etc etc.
    Its has NOTHING to do with whats "best." Nor is it about carrier, thats a fully legit reason.

The point is why buy a basically obsolete device with a 2 year old contract? I just cant see the logic of that what so ever- going from a very current spec device to one from 1-2 years ago. Why not at least an Evo, its a whopping $50 difference in price with contract for someone who supposedly makes $100k a year. Buying a phone at near the end of its life cycle makes zero sense
    Last edited by stuaw11; 09-23-10 at 11:48 PM.
    09-23-10 11:44 PM
    Yay my phone is awesomez! Too badz there's no signalz soz I can actually do stuff...

Yayz I canz addz a "z" toz the endz of everyz other wordz!!!
    09-23-10 11:46 PM
    Its has NOTHING to do with whats "best." Nor is it about carrier, thats a fully legit reason.

The point is why buy a basically obsolete device with a 2 year old contract? I just cant see the logic of that what so ever- going from a very current spec device to one from 1-2 years ago. Why not at least an Evo, its a whopping $50 difference in price with contract for someone who supposedly makes $100k a year. Buying a phone at near the end of its life cycle makes zero sense
    If the priority was getting a phone on a service that works in his area instead of the latest phone for the sake of the latest phone it makes complete sense.

People seem to be missing this part:

He said he needed a phone quick and they were out of Evos and Epics.
    AT&T isn't the end all, be all of service providers. It's rather craptastic in some places.
    09-24-10 12:38 AM
    Yayz I canz addz a "z" toz the endz of everyz other wordz!!!
    Youz know itz!
    09-24-10 12:39 AM
    Why in the heck would you essentially DOWNGRADE to a 1+ year old phone? The specs dont even compare between the 2 devices, the Hero is far far behind the iphone 4 or newer Android devices.

Sounds like the friend has no clue what theyre talking about when it comes to smartphones.
    Bwahahaha! RIM is releasing 2 year old tech now... Nothing close to 1GHz for example.

09-24-10 02:24 AM
    @ Stuaw11 maybe he really really like the phone? I don't know it's all speculations at this point. Let's try another example using your argument. A $100,000 earner walked to an AT&T store and picked up a 2 year old smartphone. He used to be a T-mo client. And By the way the phone he picked is a Blackberry BOLD 9000.

09-24-10 07:18 AM
    He already send the rebate so he can't return the phone now. Oh well. He makes over a little over $100,000 a year and lives alone so he can always buy a phone at retail if he wants =]
    Well if money isn't an issue as you say it is then I would question why he didn't just buy a Hero himself to get it activated. That way he would not have had to sign a 2 year contract. Or shoot, buy a EVO or Epic straight up from eBay or something from reputable sellers. So the reasonable explanation is either:

1) He just doesn't care as much about having a great device which makes the whole post worthless

2) He cares more about money than you think. Being as though he so quickly mailed out the rebate form. Just saying.

So it doesn't seem like he's the type to drop 500 bucks for a device full retail like you so non-chalantly suggested.

Just my observations.

So he basically made a choice network over device which is understandable but for the device lovers here, getting the device he did was a downgrade when there are several on Sprint that are better.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 09-24-10 at 10:20 AM.
    09-24-10 10:18 AM
    Well if money isn't an issue as you say it is then I would question why he didn't just buy a Hero himself to get it activated. That way he would not have had to sign a 2 year contract. Or shoot, buy a EVO or Epic straight up from eBay or something from reputable sellers. So the reasonable explanation is either:

1) He just doesn't care as much about having a great device which makes the whole post worthless

2) He cares more about money than you think. Being as though he so quickly mailed out the rebate form. Just saying.

So it doesn't seem like he's the type to drop 500 bucks for a device full retail like you so non-chalantly suggested.

Just my observations.

So he basically made a choice network over device which is understandable but for the device lovers here, getting the device he did was a downgrade when there are several on Sprint that are better.
    what a great analysis..
    09-24-10 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD