So yesterday I came in from the house after mowing the lawn and my wife says "take your sweaty clothes off". So who am I to question that . Anyway she wanted me to take them off so she can wash them. So I take them off and proceed upstairs to take a shower and change clothes. So about 1/2 later I say "where's my phone?" Looking around for it, it dawned on me that it was in the pocket of my sweat pants that are currently in the washer. I pull out the pants and the phone isn't in the pocket. So now I am a little relieved, but I notice one of the pockets is inside-out. So now, I'm hoping it felt between the pillows on the couch or something.

Well to end the story after the wash has stopped, my wife pulls out the phone. I thought it was dead. It wouldn't come on at all. I hooked it up to the charger (which isn't a good idea for a drowned phone, but I was just reaching because I thought it was dead anyway) and nothing. So 24 hours later, the phone pops on and everything is working perfectly after being in the washer for almost an hour. Now I don't have to kick out 400 bucks for a new one because Apple care doesn't cover water damage.
    05-21-09 07:40 PM
    an hour sounds like a pretty long wash cycle, or does that include the rinse cycle as well ?

05-21-09 07:48 PM
    an hour sounds like a pretty long wash cycle, or does that include the rinse cycle as well ?

LOL. From beginning to end. It was a big load. The bigger the load, the longer the wash because it takes longer to fill with water. I tried to feel around in their but I couldn't find it. My wife found it when she was putting the stuff in the dryer.
    05-21-09 08:19 PM
    warm water, cold, hot ?

fabric softener or no ?

you cant just leave out all these details, what if i want to wash my iPhone and fail to follow the proper procedure and ruin my phone !
    05-21-09 08:28 PM
    pretty funny time for a wifey beat down. In the bed that is.
    05-22-09 02:03 AM
    warm water, cold, hot ?

fabric softener or no ?

you cant just leave out all these details, what if i want to wash my iPhone and fail to follow the proper procedure and ruin my phone !
    LOL. Cold water with a dab of woolite and All detergent. Make sure you let it go all the way through the spin cycle to ensure all excess water is gone
    05-22-09 08:57 AM
    LOL. Cold water with a dab of woolite and All detergent. Make sure you let it go all the way through the spin cycle to ensure all excess water is gone
    looks like you're not the only one to do it

Iphone Went into Washing Machine - iPhone Forums
    05-22-09 09:33 AM
    looks like you're not the only one to do it

Iphone Went into Washing Machine - iPhone Forums
    Yeah but that lightweight compared to mine. Theirs was only submerged for a minute or so. Mine went through the whole cycle
    05-22-09 09:40 AM
    and now it smells like a fresh mountain breeze, i bet he cant say that
    05-22-09 09:43 AM
    Thats great. The iPhone is amazing, mine was in my hand in the car, when I got t-boned, and my head broke the window, and the phone flew out of my hand 50 feet....

and its fine
    05-22-09 11:10 AM
    Thats great. The iPhone is amazing, mine was in my hand in the car, when I got t-boned, and my head broke the window, and the phone flew out of my hand 50 feet....

and its fine

well as long as the phone is OK

05-22-09 11:56 AM
    well as long as the phone is OK

Yeah, forget my skull, my iPhone better not break!
    05-22-09 12:38 PM
    ****, as long as you're not dead, you've got insurance on your head... That iphone would cost a small fortune to replace

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 01:09 PM
    ****, as long as you're not dead, you've got insurance on your head... That iphone would cost a small fortune to replace

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That is true. I would have had to kick out at least $350 to get another one.
    05-22-09 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD