Once upon a time (seriously), my good friend had a Blackberry Pearl 8100. He loved it, the looks, the size, the suretype, the everything. Then one day, he left the phone in his pocket... that went through a washer cycle! His parents got him the Curve. He thought it was ok.

At about that time, I got my pearl (instead of a centro). He envied my pearl. He planned on getting my pearl (8110).

But, of course, the iPhone caught his eye (when I say iPhone I mean iPhone 3G I'm too lazy to type that out). He decided he was going to get it. (It's kinda funny though... When he went to the AT&T store to pick it up, the people were trying to sell him a Bold! Then they remembered the Fuze was coming up. His dad just told him "Stick with the iPhone").

So he did. He loved every aspect of it. The looks, the size, the games, the touch! He couldn't see what he saw in his curve (which was lay on his desk at home). The iPhone was so much... cooler to him. More friendly, plus no one in our friend group had an iPhone! Alot of us had blackberries though, and he just wanted to be different. Every chance he got, he would whip out his phone and go on youtube or play a game or something.

(Sidetracking from the story here... Next paragraph to continue.) I thought it was nice, you know, since touch screens are such a WOW factor to everyone these days. He let me use it a bit. I could lock and unlock the phone for hours and hours (just imagine what I would do with apps!). It's an excellent phone, but it doesn't really suit me. I mean, I'm a music freak and a gamer and all, but I'm also a texter and it just frustrates me texting on the iPhone. It's not that bad, since it autocorrects me (too often), but I always find myself staring at the "keyboard" rather than what I'm typing and I know that I won't have this problem if I'm on an actual button-equipped keyboard! �h how many times has HE texted me saying "Nugge" instead of "Night" or "Thanks slot" or something!

(Continuing) Fate is unfortunate with him. He was in a hot tub with his brother, talking about iPhones. He got up, and saw this square in his pants. He prayed it wasn't his iPhone. Sadly, it was. He rushed it to his parents, but the phone didn't make it. They dried it out, but it didn't help. Water flushed out his before beautiful screen. It was useless now. His parents didn't want to waste money on him getting a new iPhone.

So now, he's back to his curve and his iPod touch (is it iTouch? I can't get used to that). He's kinda sad that now he won't be unique, that he can't just flick through his music anymore, and that he won't have all those games! (I envy that... haha I master all my bb games days after I get them). Sad ending, I know. Could be worse though.
    01-13-09 06:37 PM
    RIP. I know his pain, i didn't get service with my iPhone 3G, bc att stinks, so i had to sell it and go back to vzw, so i understand his pain!
    01-13-09 06:58 PM
    Your friend really has a thing with cell phones and water...geez.
    Reading your story made me cringe thinking about it happening to my phone (or, even worse, my future Curve 8900!!!) ><

He needs to learn to be more careful. Seriously.
    01-13-09 09:41 PM
    So now, he's back to his curve and his iPod touch (is it iTouch? I can't get used to that).
    Technically its called the iPod Touch-

Some people call it the iTouch Simply Because They're Lazy and Don't want to expend the .0000000005 Calories it takes to say the "Pod" in iPod Touch.

01-14-09 01:26 AM
    That's really sad...

Well atleast he's back to curve... I don't like iPhone either...not just my type.
    03-04-09 03:33 AM
    Very unfortunate... but isn't he going to still be able to flicker through and music and play games? The touch has those features and is actually better at it (some are reporting a faster processor on the touch 3g).
    03-04-09 07:48 AM
    iTouch vs. iPod Touch ... I think a lot don't even know what it's called, they figured since all the mac line has "i" in front that it is probably called an iTouch. Some think it's cooler and like prada said, some are too lazy too write it. I just call it "touch" and not for any of those reasons.
    03-04-09 07:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD