RIM has no new phones so no surprise marketshare in freefall:

The Verizon iPhone Is a Game Changer - Business - Motley Fool - msnbc.com
    07-03-11 08:08 PM
    Well, in my honest opinion, this should be in the android and/or iphone sections instead.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-11 08:10 AM
    *If* BB were ever to go away in a few years (because it won't in the immediate future) I would definitely adopt iOS. Android left me with my initial impressions intact after the initial honeymoon period with my Atrix. Beautiful device, tons of flash, little substance for my wants.

RIM continues to satisfy my needs. I'm a RIM customer as long as they continue to do so.
    07-04-11 08:53 AM
    For all it is worth, the BB OS delivers. We do not have as many apps, we do not have as many bells and whistles, but we can do things and we can rely on the device.

It was a sad day when Palm broke. RIM and Palm were top dogs, stricking at each other on every turn to give us the best they could. And out of that, Nokia and Microsoft came along and from that boiling mix, Apple got what was there of best and gave us the iPhone.

I believe in the survival of the fittests. If RIM has to go, it will go. What they are doing is just ugly. But sh*t sells papers and they won't stop.

I also believe that we thou, should not fuel this. And I know one thing for sure: I have no idea what phone I'll have to buy if RIM is out of the game... :/
    07-04-11 09:26 AM
    BlackBerry ant going anywhere. The strategy is unclear as of yet, anything people say nowadays tends to stick and it further clouds reality. We are within 6 to 8 weeks (maybe sooner) from the resurgence of BB. There is huge pent up demand for the up and coming bb7 phones. They do what people need and we know it. All the bad news with regard to BB sales are true and understandable given the lack of new products. (9800 sells well) It will be fun to hear the naysayers fade.
    anon3230140 likes this.
    07-04-11 12:53 PM
    Pent up demand for upcoming BB phones? Please show your backing for this comment because all logical signs say otherwise. So far there has been little to no caring about upcoming BB phones, even when leaked, outside current BB diehards. All the attention is on Android and iOS (and somewhat on WebOS and WM7) devices.

Every comment board on a new RIM leaked device has VERY little interest. This IS the masses speaking, not the diehards on a BB-centric site telling us what people want. This is actual showing of what people do and don't have interest in. And Ive seen VERY little interest in the new devices.

There is absolutely little sign that Ive ever seen that there is any demand for the new BBs outside of current RIM customers. Upgrades wont save RIM if they cant get new customers. RIM can stay stagnant and survive, but as iOS and Android (even WM) grow, RIM's marketshare of the whole increasing pie will still diminish to being insignificant.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 07-04-11 at 02:13 PM.
    07-04-11 02:00 PM
    Try telling that to all the people bullying me for having a BlackBerry instead of an iPhone/Android. Seriously mate, it's become a target for bullies, at least here in West Yorkshire. Amongst the youth they're being phased out in favour of Android and iPhones. RIM are being slowly killed off. Anyone with a BB is automatically assumed to be a diehard RIM fanboy/apologist. The mindset is against RIM.

Also every one of my friends has 0 interest in any of the new BBs. They don't want the PlayBook, and they don't want QNX. My closest friends have iPhones/Android. One BB user. My lass has a HTC Wildfire. And yes, I'm always getting inactive BBM contacts of those who switch. It is a breed in decline.
    Last edited by Paladinleeds; 07-04-11 at 09:06 PM.
    07-04-11 09:02 PM
    ...There is huge pent up demand for the up and coming bb7 phones...

... (9800 sells well)...
    I'm probably one of the biggest BlackBerry fans that doesn't own a single BlackBerry product(although I used to). With that said, I don't think the demand for new BB phones will be anywhere near what BB fans are hoping for. Everyone wants to see the 9900 be a huge resurgence, but unfortunately I think this new Bold will receive average fanfare for BB and provide a short-term boost for RIM but the walls will still continue to cave in come 2012.

As for the Torch selling well, I dunno. I mean, it may be selling decently for RIM, but not in comparison to other phones; in the US the price dropped from $199 to $100 or $50 within just months, maybe even weeks, I don't recall. Although to it's credit, it was released alongside the iPhone 4. Now you can actually get a brand new Torch for free with contract renewal in some places.
    07-05-11 02:17 AM
    Try telling that to all the people bullying me for having a BlackBerry instead of an iPhone/Android. Seriously mate, it's become a target for bullies, at least here in West Yorkshire. Amongst the youth they're being phased out in favour of Android and iPhones. RIM are being slowly killed off. Anyone with a BB is automatically assumed to be a diehard RIM fanboy/apologist. The mindset is against RIM.

Also every one of my friends has 0 interest in any of the new BBs. They don't want the PlayBook, and they don't want QNX. My closest friends have iPhones/Android. One BB user. My lass has a HTC Wildfire. And yes, I'm always getting inactive BBM contacts of those who switch. It is a breed in decline.
    It's getting bad everywhere. I an in Real Estate, which a couple years ago was heavily BlackBerry. Now, almost all realtors have switched to Android or iOS. A couple months ago I had a continuing education class which featured some technology aspects and at one point the instructor asked how many people used BlackBerrys. Not a single person raised their hand and the instructor said "good," and the whole class laughed. This was about two weeks after I gave up BB...boy was I glad I didn't have to be the only one to raise my hand...lol! A few weeks after that I attended a sales rally that was specifically about using technology in our jobs and it was completely focused on iOS and Android when it came to mobile devices. There was absolutely no mention of BB during the event. There were a few people there who still had BB's, but once they saw what they were missing you could see their eyes light up. I bet many of them went straight to Android or iOS immediately following the event.

Since I've switched I have been able to view my emails in their entirety, I've gotten all my attachments, I've been able to use the internet efficiently, and I've been able to get the better apps and hardware for my job.

Believe me, I'd love to see them turn things around and I'd love to have another BlackBerry, but right now things are pretty scary. There is just no support for them out there...nobody wants to make apps, nobody wants to make hardware that works with them...nothing!
    07-05-11 03:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD