And, USB mode. It was much easier for me to add music, ringtones, and other files (or remove them) on my BB using USB mode on whatever computer I was using, than having to use itunes from only one PC (or risk deleting everything from the phone that isn't on that particular PC).
    +1 on USB mode. Using iTunes is not ideal, I have made some mistakes and erased data using the wrong sync settings. User error I know, but can't they at lease offer the ability to simply drag and drop files, even if it's just media and docs? Make it some "advanced mode" so I feel smarter than I actually am

I am actively looking for alternatives to iTunes. This was one of my biggest concerns when making the jump.
    11-08-11 12:24 PM
    +1 on USB mode. Using iTunes is not ideal, I have made some mistakes and erased data using the wrong sync settings. User error I know, but can't they at lease offer the ability to simply drag and drop files, even if it's just media and docs? Make it some "advanced mode" so I feel smarter than I actually am

I am actively looking for alternatives to iTunes. This was one of my biggest concerns when making the jump.
    On a BB, take the media card out, insert it into your card reader and copy the files, whether they be mp3 or mp4 or whatever, directly into the proper folder on the card. That is why removable media is nice.
    11-08-11 01:40 PM
    I would love the ability to save files directly from emails into folders.
    11-08-11 02:01 PM
    I would love the ability to save files directly from emails into folders.
    You can do this but need to download an app like Downloads Lite or use Dropbox. It's so strange that you need an app to save an email attachment that isn't a photo on your iPhone. I love my iPhone but I won't give Apple a pass on this nonsense.
    11-08-11 04:39 PM
    You can do this but need to download an app like Downloads Lite or use Dropbox. It's so strange that you need an app to save an email attachment that isn't a photo on your iPhone. I love my iPhone but I won't give Apple a pass on this nonsense.
    I agree! It's a basic feature any "smart" phone should have.
    11-09-11 12:58 PM
    Just got done with syncing up my dads iPhone 4s, getting it activated. What a nice phone! Apple has a tight product. Everything is so smooth, looks nice and works well. Itunes transferred all apps, settings info to his new iPhone.

I asked Siri a bunch or questions too. Siri is awesome!
    11-09-11 03:30 PM
    Just got done with syncing up my dads iPhone 4s, getting it activated. What a nice phone! Apple has a tight product. Everything is so smooth, looks nice and works well. Itunes transferred all apps, settings info to his new iPhone.

Chrisy, this Friday will be a week that i will have mine, and i cant tell you how nice it is. The iOS just flows Plus, i've been learning some tips and shortcuts here and there which is making it more smooth

So, when you gonna join the Applefest and get yours LOL
    11-09-11 03:35 PM
    Bedside mode and contact charging. Loved slipping the phone down in a cradle and it would go into bedside more. It was buggy though.

On the iPhone, if you set to preview notification on lock screen, the screen will flash at night whenever you receive a notification. There is no way to restrict it, the thing can drive you nuts at night.

And all the iPhone cradles are a PITA, especially when most users have a case on.

I eventually disabled the LED on my BlackBerry, it was too distracting and managing the precise rules for when to flash never quite worked.

Physical mute, pause and resume buttons.
    11-10-11 01:17 AM
    Bedside mode and contact charging. Loved slipping the phone down in a cradle and it would go into bedside more. It was buggy though.

On the iPhone, if you set to preview notification on lock screen, the screen will flash at night whenever you receive a notification. There is no way to restrict it, the thing can drive you nuts at night.

And all the iPhone cradles are a PITA, especially when most users have a case on.

I eventually disabled the LED on my BlackBerry, it was too distracting and managing the precise rules for when to flash never quite worked.

Physical mute, pause and resume buttons.
    The iphone flashing at night, drives me nutty. The little flashing led doesn't bother me I know when I receive a certain type of message I have to deal with.
    11-10-11 10:14 AM
    The iphone flashing at night, drives me nutty. The little flashing led doesn't bother me I know when I receive a certain type of message I have to deal with.
    turn it off. go to settings/notification and set messages not to show on unlock screen.
    11-10-11 10:20 AM

After we updated iphones to ios 5, we had issues with all of them and required VZW tech support. My ipad went fine though. I was underimpressed with the process.
    11-10-11 03:55 PM
    turn it off. go to settings/notification and set messages not to show on unlock screen.
    Its my wifes and she has to remember to do this. If she doesn't the dang thing blinks all night long.
    11-10-11 03:57 PM
    Its my wifes and she has to remember to do this. If she doesn't the dang thing blinks all night long.
    And, coming full circle to the topic of this thread: you know what would solve this? Notification profiles! (can you tell I really miss them?)
    11-10-11 04:00 PM
    And, coming full circle to the topic of this thread: you know what would solve this? Notification profiles! (can you tell I really miss them?)
    Also, ringer and alerts use the same loudness setting, which is wrong.

There are many things RIM could Lear from iOS5 though, even in productivity apps. RIM hasn't updated their PIM apps in ages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-11 03:06 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD