My sisters bf has an iPhone and MobileMe and they when to a farmers market because they just moved into a new house. They wanted to get flowers and such to make the new place feel like home. They were only gone for 30 mins and some **** broke into there house and stole all her jewerly. 100,000 worth... Yeah I know.... Anyways the moron stole her bfs iPhone too and they used MobileMe to track him down. They didn't get her jewelery back but looks like the guy will have plenty to think about for a long long time in prison. Makes me think seriously about getting MobileMe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 03:42 PM
    Wow, i'm really sorry to hear that, I had my house broken into less than 1 month after it was built so I know how much it sucks. Hopefully they can get at least some of her stuff back since they got the guy.

I'm still on the fence about MobileMe, it's a great service for sure, but I have a domain and website with 100GB of storage already, so I don't know how much value I would get from the service.

I still think Apple should make find my iPhone available to everyone without having to pay for MobileMe.
    07-11-09 04:04 PM
    Completely agree with that

07-11-09 04:18 PM
    Wow that's a crazy story. I also agree that the find my iPhone option should be available to everyone.
    07-11-09 04:44 PM
    Something similar happened to a buddy of mine who has mobileme on his iphone. Some d o u c h e stole his phone out of his locker at the gym, and started adding contacts. Needless to say, my buddy had his phone back the same night
    07-11-09 05:40 PM
    I just find it so cool because apple really got this one right. I was reading an article about " location on " software in blackberrys and say your in a wreck or you call 911. Alot of the police departments computers don't support tracking locations. So it's really good to see something like this work because it goes to show you that it won't be long before it becomes basic live saving software.

07-11-09 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD