Well I've tried all the IM apps out there trying to find something to replace my beloved Bbm since I switched over to iPhone.

-Whatsapp seems to be the most popular one but doesn't show read receipts.

-Kik was banned by RIM.
    -pingchat has ridiculous banner ads.
    -cnectd also has banner ads.

Enter LiveProfile.

Fairly new app that is getting updates all the time. Works really good on my iPhone an is completely free and doesn't have any annoying ads filling up my screen.

iPhone and android versions out already with new features and optimizations comin shortly. And blackberry version coming this week!!

I think this might be the new cross platform IM standard.

Thank you LiveProfile!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LiveProfile likes this.
    03-02-11 01:06 AM
    it worked better for me when I had the Droid.... now on the iPhone it kinda disconnects me here and there but its really the best free option out there .. it keeps getting better and better

supposedly the blackberry liveprofile is coming out this week. and group chat sometime this month

** Just to add, I don't think there will ever ever be an app that interacts as well as BBM. IMO of course
    03-02-11 01:37 AM
    I think the connect and disconnect thing is an iPhone thing. Whatsapp does that to me too. But I still receive messages when it's not connected.

03-02-11 04:40 AM
    liveprofile needs group chat support before it can kick BBM out. whatsapp is the current leader in my book.
    03-02-11 12:09 PM
    Works fine on both my iPhone and Droid X. Works a little better on the iPhone though.
    03-02-11 01:32 PM
    liveprofile needs group chat support before it can kick BBM out. whatsapp is the current leader in my book.
    groups feature is coming this month I hear.

I agree that bbm is still the best. But sooner or later somebody will come out with a cross platform IM messenger that will make blackberry users not want to use bbm as much.
    03-03-11 12:47 AM
    03-03-11 09:44 AM
    That is crazy. But might be too late. Especially if it's a dumbed down version with no file transfer and such.

Plus. Liveprofile is free.

03-03-11 11:34 AM
    That is crazy. But might be too late. Especially if it's a dumbed down version with no file transfer and such.

Plus. Liveprofile is free.

liveprofile doesnt have group chats, nor is it available for blackberry yet. so, again, if you are looking for a replacement for BBM on another platform, liveprofile is not going to do it.
    03-03-11 12:33 PM
    I downloaded it today..Great chat app. Love it
    03-03-11 02:30 PM
    I downloaded it today..Great chat app. Love it
    Did you download it for your Tour? If so where. Thx
    03-03-11 04:31 PM
    cnectd sucked. was slow and had no display pics in the actual chat i think. ping sucked. if u switched phones at first u lost everything.

liveprofile is right on par with bbm if u ask me. love it.
    03-03-11 05:09 PM
    liveprofile doesnt have group chats, nor is it available for blackberry yet. so, again, if you are looking for a replacement for BBM on another platform, liveprofile is not going to do it.
    Groups is coming this month. And blackberry version before the end of the week.....

03-03-11 05:40 PM
    Did you download it for your Tour? If so where. Thx
    No sorry, I am an iPhone user now
    03-03-11 09:00 PM
    Well I've tried all the IM apps out there trying to find something to replace my beloved Bbm since I switched over to iPhone.

-Whatsapp seems to be the most popular one but doesn't show read receipts.

-Kik what's banned by RIM.
    -pingchat has ridiculous banner ads.
    -cnectd also has banner ads.

Enter liveprofile.

Fairly new app that is getting updates all the time. Works really good on my iPhone an is completely free and doesn't have any annoying ads filling up my screen.

iPhone and android versions out already with new features and optimizations comin shortly. And blackberry version coming this week!!

I think this might be the new cross platform IM standard.

Thank you liveprofile!!

You're very welcome! Thanks for the kind words we are working hard to make LiveProfile the new standard. This includes working long hard hours around the clock to constantly improve the app. LiveProfile has a very ambitious road map ahead we will not let you down! And banner ads suck you won't see them in our app.. ever.

it worked better for me when I had the Droid.... now on the iPhone it kinda disconnects me here and there but its really the best free option out there .. it keeps getting better and better

supposedly the blackberry liveprofile is coming out this week. and group chat sometime this month

** Just to add, I don't think there will ever ever be an app that interacts as well as BBM. IMO of course
    Hope you been well thanks for sticking it out with us you were one of our first users to sign up I recall correctly The iPhone disconnecting in the background is because iOS does not allow apps to run while in the background. LiveProfile utilizes push notifications so once you have a message you are notified even if the app isn't running. All apps on the iPhone do this it's an iOS thing.

We are releasing the BlackBerry app very soon you can see a preview here: LiveProfile for BlackBerry nears release; Servers upgraded in anticipation | CrackBerry.com

Groups are coming this month we are working hard on it
    03-04-11 12:15 AM
    So far I am not finding an easy way to erase the chats? LiveProfile is there an easy way that I am missing?
    03-04-11 01:26 AM
    Press the back button? is there other ways I'm unaware of? *iphone newbie*
    03-04-11 02:39 AM
    So far I am not finding an easy way to erase the chats? LiveProfile is there an easy way that I am missing?
    Which device are you using? On the iPhone, on the chat list swipe to the left on the chat you want to delete and on Android, press and hold.
    03-04-11 06:49 AM
    Which BB OSes/devices will liveprofile support? I'm particularly interested in the Torch, for selfish reasons.
    03-04-11 06:51 AM
    Which device are you using? On the iPhone, on the chat list swipe to the left on the chat you want to delete and on Android, press and hold.
    On the Iphone 4. I cant see a way to erase the conversation
    03-04-11 08:08 AM
    On the Iphone 4. I cant see a way to erase the conversation
    Here's how it works for me: at the main screen (the one that says LiveProfile and has the tabs at the top), select "Chats". You will see a list of open chats, on the chat you want to delete swipe your finger to the left, if you did it right, a red Delete button will appear. Tap Delete and the chat is gone. If you change your mind, tapping anywhere on the screen except on the red Delete button will dismiss it.

I am using it on an iPad but it is the same program, so it should work the same way for you.

Good luck.
    03-04-11 01:03 PM
    I don't want to sound like a killjoy, but I'm gonna ask the question that hasn't been asked.

What's going to keep RIM from banning this app? LiveProfile seems like a direct threat to RIM's proprietary BBM.

According to a statement made by RIM in reference to the banning of Kik, RIM concluded that Kik had breached "contractual agreements". Although no direct reference was made as to what agreement was violated, the closest theory was that Kik too much resembled the functionality of BBM.

If that's the case, I imagine RIM coming up with another BS excuse as to why they have decided to pull the plug on LiveProfile once it does go live.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by mzsmiley; 03-04-11 at 01:53 PM.
    03-04-11 01:42 PM
    I don't want to sound like a killjoy, but I'm gonna ask the question that hasn't been asked.

What's going to keep RIM from banning this app? LiveProfile seems like a direct threat to RIM's proprietary BBM.

According to a statement made by RIM in reference to the banning of Kik, RIM concluded that Kik had breached "contractual agreements". Although no direct reference was made as to what agreement was violated, the closest theory was that Kik too much resembled the functionality of BBM.

If that's the case, I imagine RIM coming up with another BS excuse as to why they have decided to pull the plug on LiveProfile once it does go live.

Any thoughts?
    i'm sure there was more to it than just having the "appearance" of BBM. other apps have similar feel, and are still available to blackberry users. of course, liveprofile will have to answer this specifically as it pertains to them.
    03-04-11 01:57 PM
    i'm sure there was more to it than just having the "appearance" of BBM. other apps have similar feel, and are still available to blackberry users. of course, liveprofile will have to answer this specifically as it pertains to them.

I guess only time will tell. Can't wait until this becomes available to BB users.
    03-04-11 02:22 PM

Any thoughts?
    Maybe that's exactly why it has not been released yet!
    03-04-11 02:30 PM
185 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD