There is a new article on yahoo news about Line2. I'd post the link, but it won't let me as I don't have 10 posts.

IPhone App to Sidestep AT&T <--That is the title of the article, it's pretty interesting.
    03-25-10 06:52 PM
    I saw this article yesterday. Seems like a very cool app. Apparently it is also available for blackberry as well. However, Blackberry's do not support phone calls or VoiP on wifi, so if you use this app, you probably will still be using your minutes. This wouldn't be a bad idea if you already have an unlimited plan. I can possibly see replacing my home phone line with this, as I am paying $40 a month for comcast digital voice. Might be worth the switch. I wonder if it's possible to get the same number on 2 blackberrys so my wife or I could answer from either phone? Anybody try this or have any reviews?
    03-26-10 10:17 AM
    I read that article and it says that it also works with the Itouch. How can it work with the Itouch when there is no place to speak into and no ear piece. It has the external speaker but you still need a place to speak into so the other party can hear you.
    03-26-10 10:48 AM
    I saw this article yesterday. Seems like a very cool app. Apparently it is also available for blackberry as well. However, Blackberry's do not support phone calls or VoiP on wifi, so if you use this app, you probably will still be using your minutes. This wouldn't be a bad idea if you already have an unlimited plan. I can possibly see replacing my home phone line with this, as I am paying $40 a month for comcast digital voice. Might be worth the switch. I wonder if it's possible to get the same number on 2 blackberrys so my wife or I could answer from either phone? Anybody try this or have any reviews?
    I havnt tried this yet but it does seem pretty cool. Hey sugerhill since you have CDV service, have you tried out the new comcast app for your iphone, Works pretty sweet in my area. Check my home phone voice mail like visual voicemail and sync my contacts between home and cell phone. http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/com...-2-0-a-428949/
    03-26-10 03:23 PM
    @ stang

the iPod touch has support for a microphone if you want to add one externally. for instance, the earphones with microphone that they bundle with the iphone can also be used for the ipod touch.
    03-26-10 03:28 PM
    This has already been possible for a long time (for free) - all you need is Google Voice and a softphone app.
    03-27-10 02:08 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/app...iphone-442769/

already been posted, and for the guy above the iPhone doesn't support google voice except via a web app, which os inconvenient for iPhone users. Also the rate plan is way easier to complete an understand there is no adding credit to your toktumi accout. Pay 15 bucks and walla unlimited calling among other great features.
    03-27-10 03:16 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/app...iphone-442769/

already been posted, and for the guy above the iPhone doesn't support google voice except via a web app, which os inconvenient for iPhone users. Also the rate plan is way easier to complete an understand there is no adding credit to your toktumi accout. Pay 15 bucks and walla unlimited calling among other great features.
    If you don't jailbreak then you're right, but I'm using GV Mobile app from Cydia, along with SIPphone. Backgrounder lets you run these two at the same time, so you can call out for free by first calling yourself.
    03-27-10 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD