I agree completely. Unless VZW has something up its sleeve with regards to the Droid, I see a tremendous let down on the VZW front. If the Droid is truly the medicine the doctor ordered, the numbers will speak for themselves.
    10-22-09 08:19 AM
    Hey guys, btw, if you payed close enough attention, that iDon't commercial was paid for and produced by Motorola, the maker of the Droid? VZW is not blasting Apple........
    Have you seen the "there's a map for that" Verizon commercial? To me, it's against both AT&T and Apple.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 08:48 AM
    Have you seen the "there's a map for that" Verizon commercial? To me, it's against both AT&T and Apple.

I think it is more of a dig at AT&T. In my opinion, it is showing that their flagship phone is useless on the network it is on...maybe a set up of things to come. A little preview of "come to Verizon and your iPhone will be lightning fast everywhere" for next year. Personally, I was with Verizon for 8 years and never once dropped a call or was not able to access the web. Their CS dept. was always helpful and I was able to upgrade anytime I wanted before my contract was up. I just recently went to AT&T because my wife wanted the iPhone so bad. I was very upset leaving Verizon. I am one of many people I know who own an iPhone who all promise to leave AT&T at the drop of a dime as soon as Verizon offers the 4g iPhone. You will have the best of both worlds. The network and the phone.
    10-22-09 08:59 AM
    damn someone like to be an ikill!
    ehh if it comes to vzw then awesome, if not then life does go on. i will jump the bb ship if it does make its way to vzw.
    10-22-09 09:02 AM

Of course it is.

And seeing other blogs, i think its hilarious people make SUCh a big deal over a map.

Does it work where you live and REGULARLY go? Then great!

Why are people so concerned with the size of the map? Do you really care if you get 3g service in the middle of farmland? Id bet 98% of the population dont regularly travel to most of these places they boast on the map, especially in their 2 year contract.

People are WAY overly concerned with "the network" and thse maps then a realistic expectation of where they actually intend to use their phone within their 2 year contract. Not where or not you may possibly maybe travel at some point in your lifetime.
    10-22-09 02:48 PM
    Now that the commercial was released, some pretty weak points

iDon�t have a real keyboard- REALLY VZW?!? What are you going to say about your flagship BB Storm 2 in a few weeks then? Recant your idiotic soft keyboard diss?

iDon�t run simultaneous apps: Sure it does, ipod, mail, safari, phone, etc. Maybe not 3rd party apps without jailbreak but of course left those "little" details out.

iDon�t take night shots: Really? Take you BB Curve with its tiny LED flash into a pitch black room and show me the pic you get if its even usable. Its a laughable negligible point at best

iDon�t allow open development: THIS is the kicker for me. The same company that locked own bluetooth and gps and cuts WIFI out of their devices. Lets not forget stripping the BB and WM app stores out in favor of their own owned and controlled VZW app store. Sounds open huh?

iDon�t customize- give that one

iDon�t run widgets: weather and stocks are technically "widgets," but homescreen widgets I guess they get that one.

iDon�t have a removable battery- ill give them this one, but its really preference. there are plenty of charging solutions besides a spare battery (battery-case like Morphie, or one that clips onto the port on the iphone).

Pretty weak points IMO, and a few are quite contradictory to VZW's own stance and business model.
    Have you ever realized that it says droid at the end of the comercial? The droid is not a blackberry.

and by the way this is crackberry.com if you hate blackberries so much go to some apple fanboy site you'll have a lot more fun.
    10-22-09 03:51 PM
    Have you ever realized the title of this subforum was APPLE IPHONE. FAIL

More like if YOU dont like it stay in the other parts of the fourm. The mods put this here for a reason.

And hate BB's? OK since I own a Bold too. And where exactly did I even MENTION Blackberry here at all. Are you delusional?
    Last edited by stuaw11; 10-22-09 at 04:03 PM.
    10-22-09 04:01 PM
    Ok guys, lol. You're gonna kill each other. Look, I just left Verizon after 7 years of exceptional service, whether it be CS or "the network." I never had a grip about anything with them. I also had the Storm and it was a great device and miss it very much. I went to the dark side and got the iPhone because my wife begged me to. The iPhone is an awesome device. I love it. It is better than the storm, although, I am not knocking the Storm because it is a solid device and Storm2 is gonna be that much better. My gripes with the iPhone are no customization, cant chang the crappy alert tone on e-mail and the SMS one cant be custom, & no homescreen widgets like a changing weather app icon. Other than that, great phone. I will say, if and when the 4g iPhone goes to Verizon, I will be the first one in line to sign up with them again.
    10-22-09 08:03 PM
    Have you ever realized that it says droid at the end of the comercial? The droid is not a blackberry.

and by the way this is crackberry.com if you hate blackberries so much go to some apple fanboy site you'll have a lot more fun.
    Don't like iPhone discussion? Stay out of the iPhone sub-forum then. This forum is here for a reason. It is your choice to view it.
    10-22-09 09:22 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD