I feel BB's OS is outdated. I'm waiting to see what BB's OS 6.0 will bring but I don't think it will bring much. If BB would just update the tracpad, OS, browser, processor, and device memory on the Bold 9000 I would stay with BB. However, given that BB doesn't understand its customers I don't see that happening. I love my BOLD 9000 so much but I think it is time to move on to a company that understands its customers..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-10 12:50 AM
    A company that understands its customers? That's not apple. Lol.

I'm sticking with my 3GS. If I ever get a new phone, it's going to be running webOS.

05-20-10 12:57 AM
    A company that understands its customers? That's not apple. Lol.
    Maybe not fully but I still feel that Apple listens to its customers more than any other platform does. BB certainly doesnt, WM died because it didnt, Palm OS died because it didnt. Android feels like it's its own beast and Google does what they want with it. Web OS seems nice but who knows its fate now that HP owns it
    05-20-10 01:27 AM
    I left BB almost a year ago (3GS launch day to be exact) and never looked back. Still can't figure out why I didn't do it sooner. The iPhone is all I could want in a smartphone and then some. It's like having a mini laptop in my pocket.
    05-20-10 04:14 AM
    Whatever floats your boat... I always said that apple knows how to make a pretty product and interface, and honestly that's what attracts people. Functionality wise I really don't desire anything an iPhone has over my BB.. I like the "prettiness" of the iphone, but that wears off. Also, someone stated win mobile is dead? I have faith Microsoft is going to deliver with win mobile 7, they just have to.
    05-20-10 04:20 AM
    Looool!!!!! I've had 2 iphones, they never really satisfied my social self. And not to mention I could never get through 9 hours of a day without it dying. I need a phone that can handle a full day of messages . Sadly I've tried a ton of phones and I've rid myself of all of them within 2 or 3 weeks. If the 4g is awesome with battery life, then I'll try the jump. It's a cool widget but if it can't do 18 hours of constant data it's a no.

05-20-10 04:20 AM
    To date the iPhone has not interested me.
    Maybe the 4G will be different.
    05-20-10 05:36 AM
    I will be =) I've loved my BOld 9000 and I've used it daily more than any other phone I've had. But it lacks it certain departments and it's a shame as it does other things so well. I bought my wife an iPhone and found it just does the things I want most better. Plus I've recently realised how much I use iTunes! especially as the kids have ipods also. As a communication device, in my opinion, it is one of, if not the best. Push, notification led, BBM etc. Unfortunately I have not as much need for these as I originally thought! And although i'll miss my little flashing light... I'll also be glad to see the back of it! That's why they called it a crackberry! =p I'll be keeping the Bold as a backup though.. Reminder of the good times we shared and to use that keyboard now and again =)

05-20-10 04:50 PM
    I used the 8310 for over a year and then switched to the 9000 Bold for almost 2 years. I am a very heavy business user all day every day. I gladly traded a little battery life for the ease of use, big screen and operating system of the iPhone. I have a charger in my truck, at home and at my office. I couldn't care less if it won't go 18 hours on a charge. Its fast, it works and its easy to use.
    05-20-10 05:55 PM
    I left BB almost a year ago (3GS launch day to be exact) and never looked back. Still can't figure out why I didn't do it sooner. The iPhone is all I could want in a smartphone and then some. It's like having a mini laptop in my pocket.
    I agree with you. I upgraded to an iphone 3GS last week and I love it. It suits my purposes perfectly. All I needed was a smartphone that I could play music and watch videos on. And the email and web browsing is fantastic. And I also get a phone

I started 2 years ago with a BB 8310 and then went to an unlocked storm. I liked the ipod-like features of the storm, but the typing sucked. Much, much better on the iphone. I'll probably never give up my bb 8310, I'll keep it for a backup, but I'll probably sell my storm on ebay.

My goal is to get the iphone 4G. I'm only going to keep this iphone 3GS for about 28 days and then I'm taking it back and cancel my upgrade. If the 4G is out by then, I'll just do a swap. Apple should be announcing the release date during the WWDC at the beginning of June. If I have to wait a little bit, I'll just go back to my storm or 8310. I just did this temp upgrade to take the iphone 3GS for a test drive, and I'm very impressed.
    05-20-10 06:06 PM
    I jumped ship last year when the 3GS dropped and it's my new old faithful, I can't remember the last time I rebooted my iPhone, it just works. It is by far the most trouble free device I have ever owned, but will probably be my last iPhone for a while. I just picked up the Incredible last week to replace my Curve and I think i'm good with the toys for a while. My next phone will have at least a 4.3 inch screen and be a major leap in CPU & GPU performance......
    05-21-10 12:25 AM
    @OP. Why not wait for the BlackBerry 9800 slider? It looks like it will have the features you were looking for.

05-21-10 05:26 AM
    I'll be leaving BB also. I have the Bold 9000.

I just hope it's the same body style. I'm not liking the way it looks in these leaked pictures. lol
    05-21-10 08:34 AM
    my wifes had enough with her blackberry bold 9000. She started playing with my phone after I had her answer it a few times; thats all it took. Now she has the money put aside for the new iphone
    05-21-10 09:01 AM
    I am thinking of leaving my bold for a i phone. I can get a 3g for 99.99 or a 3GS for 199.99. Is it worth the extra $100. and how much data is average for a iphone if i willbe using wi fi at home for a good chunk of the time.
    05-21-10 09:14 AM
    I wont be leaving Blackberry but i will be getting the new iPhone especially if it has iChat.
    05-21-10 10:09 AM
    I am thinking of leaving my bold for a i phone. I canget a 3g for 99.99 or a 3GS for 199.99. Is it worth the extra $100. and how much data is average for a iphone if i willbe using wi fi at home for a good chunk of the time.
    Yes it's worth the extra 100. 3GS is faster and it will support all the features of 4.0 whereas the 3GS won't. I would actually wait for the newer one because you will probably be able to get that for 200 as well. But if you have to decide between the 3GS and 3G then get the 3GS.
    05-21-10 10:16 AM
    does anyone know how the pre-order/sale will work with this new iphone?

IF they announce it on the 7th, then will we be able to order online right after?
    05-21-10 10:44 AM
    I'm sure Apple will annoucnce it at WWDC.
    05-21-10 10:47 AM
    does anyone know how the pre-order/sale will work with this new iphone?

IF they announce it on the 7th, then will we be able to order online right after?
    I believe that's how it was for the 3GS last year. It was available to order later the day of the announcement and it got shipped or ready to pick up like a week or a little more later. I think this is what they will do and it won't be the in-store purchase only. That's too much with the way these things sell.
    05-21-10 10:55 AM
    I am thinking of leaving my bold for a i phone. I canget a 3g for 99.99 or a 3GS for 199.99. Is it worth the extra $100. and how much data is average for a iphone if i willbe using wi fi at home for a good chunk of the time.
    Compared to a BlackBerry, you probably will use more data with the iphone.
    A. Because it doesn't compress data like the BB "system' does.
    B. You will actually enjoy the browser on the iphone, download more apps, and generally spend more time with it.

If you're at home on wifi, it won't matter anyway.
    05-21-10 02:57 PM
    I'm sure Apple will annoucnce it at WWDC.
    That's what I'm hoping for. If they do announce it, I'll return the 3gs that I upgraded to last week and go for the 4g. If it's going to be a little wait, I'll just use my bb 8310

The only reason that I didn't just wait for the 4g in the first place, was that I wanted to get an iphone and see if I liked it. I love it, but I'll still hang on to my bb 8310 for backup (you never know). The curve is still a great phone.
    05-21-10 03:48 PM
    AT&T finally came to my area, and my Husband and I Jumped ship May 1.
    NO regrets at ALL. I can deal with the "battery" issue, in my opinion it's SO worth the switch.
    We're all Apple, and trying to sync the BB to my Mac was ****. I finally gave up. SO much easier to sync iPhone!
    I won't be looking back.
    05-21-10 04:48 PM
    I'm gone as soon as the new one drops. I've had a BB for 3 years and I'm tired of lost memory, reboots and the small screen. I will be keeping my 9000 for backup and memories. =)

05-21-10 07:18 PM
    I want an iPhone so badly. I stupidly upgraded to a BlackBerry Bold 9700 in December, so I have to wait until May 24th, 2011 before I'm able to get another phone at a discount.
    05-25-10 02:20 PM
136 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD